Service Desk Analyst
- Location: Knutsford
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2722SB
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 19th Jun 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking the right candidate to join their Service Desk team.
We are looking for a candidate to join our Service Desk team, which supports the company and its Group Companies services. The primary objective of the role is to act as first point of contact for internal customers, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems and/or escalate to the 3rd line support team to investigate and resolve.
We are looking for a candidate who has good technical knowledge in a first\second line service desk role and excellent customer service skills, a willingness to pick up the phone, liaise with customers, setting correct priority levels and meeting service level agreements.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Act as a single point of contact for all IT related issues and queries.
• Provide 1st\2nd line support and resolve a high percentage of incoming IT support incidents and requests, software & hardware.
• Install, order & configure new IT equipment.
• Create new user accounts, managing active directory groups, setting correct permissions following data security.
• Be highly motivated and a team player with the ability to manage and adjust to changing priorities.
• Managing incidents & requests from start to finish.
• Assigning SLA’s and following the escalation procedure, assessing the business impact.
• Answering incoming calls and recording details of faults & requests with a high level of detail and accuracy.
• Take ownership of ticket management from start to finish, follow up faults and requests with customers, communicating effectively in a timely manner through to conclusion.
• Follow procedures and maintain documentation.
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
• Present a positive and helpful attitude to business customers.
• Publish, update and utilise support documentation and Knowledge base articles.
• Arrange for Third Party support where problems cannot be resolved in house, liaise with third party support to make sure SLA is achieved.
• Be prepared to work out of hours if required (to be discussed & mutually agreed on a case by case basis where applicable)
• To work under the direction of the Service Desk Manager.
• Always be “Service Oriented’ and look to improve the level of service to the Business
• Any other duties required to meet the SLAs and Business Objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
• Any previous service desk, IT or service management experience required.
• Good all-round experience of desktop software products Microsoft Office and Exchange. Creating new user accounts, distribution groups, procurement of hardware laptops & desktops, managing AD groups etc.
• Understanding of ITIL methodology – ITIL Foundation qualification desirable.
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team.
• Self-motivated with a desire to provide excellent customer service.
• Excellent Customer service skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and telephone manner.
• Ability to manage own workload and able to deal with a diverse range of requests and user queries.
• Ability to deal with differing levels of IT awareness, from within own team and user base.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.