Service Desk Analyst
- Location: Harrogate
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2555SO
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 01st Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Service Desk Analyst to join their team based in Harrogate.
Our support teams provide a complex mix of both customer and technical support for a range of technology products and managed services including Data backup/recovery, IP Network Services, Managed VoIP Services and Data Centre Server Hosting. Working as part of a dedicated team and with a passion for providing and promoting outstanding customer service at all times, the Service Desk Analyst will be the first point of contact for all our customers requiring anything from general advice through to in-depth technical assistance from our product support specialists.
Duties will include, but are not restricted to the following –
• First point of contact for all inbound customer calls/emails received into the main support number/inbox. Providing day-to-day support to the end-user base.
• Managing customer queries and providing advice, ranging from general queries to answering more specific technical questions.
• Ensuring resolution of any open tickets is managed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Information gathering, qualification and prioritisation of new service requests.
• Addressing and network basics, basic network troubleshooting, password resets and login troubleshooting.
• Logging relevant information onto the internal helpdesk system.
• Manage and pro-actively ensure that timely and appropriate updates are communicated back to customers.
• Administration of customer account information ensuring that all relevant details are kept current and up to date.
• Administration of the Company InForm Portal e.g. setting up new customers, password requests etc.
• Escalation of incidents to management when necessary.
• Adherence to ISO09001 and ISO27001 certification standards:
• Compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Handling and protection of Company information
• Reporting of security events
• Implementing appropriate policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be a bright and enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to achieving great results, they will ideally have the following skills, attributes and experience:
• Highly customer centric with a passion for providing excellence in customer service.
• An intelligent self-starter with the ability to work on his/her own initiative or as part of a team as is required.
• A genuine interest in IT and Telecommunications.
• Polite, clear and pleasant telephone manner.
• Friendly and cheery with an ability to convey a smile over the telephone.
• Strong interpersonal and communication ability; Tactful, diplomatic and sympathetic when dealing with customer problems. Shows empathy with customer issues.
• Confident and with the ability to interact with other members of the team as well senior management.
• Ability to question existing processes and provide input to improve where necessary.
• Logical mindset and ability to extract relevant information from a caller.
• A willingness to learn and not be afraid to get involved in unfamiliar areas of technology.
• Proactive and forward thinking approach
• Ability to think laterally and possess a strong problem solving capability
• Strong desire to extend their own experience and knowledge
• Excellent telephone manner and good communication skills
• Planning and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise work load efficiently
• Ability to work as part of a close-knit team
• Experience of working within a busy customer service environment, preferably in a technical and/or service provider area.
• Good level of knowledge around current technology, Telephony, Internet, PC’s etc.
• Knowledge of the ITIL framework.
• Experience in understanding and diagnosing technical problems at 1st Level. A first line support level is advantageous.
• An experienced and confident communicator, both from a verbal and email perspective.
• An experienced listener with efficient and accurate keyboard skills.
• Experience in using helpdesk software
• Internet and networking knowledge advantageous.
Hours of Work
The service desk cover hours between 08:00 and 18:00, Monday to Friday. The team work a shift based rota to cover these hours. Due to the nature of the role some flexibility may also be required from time to time.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.