Service & Commissioning Engineer
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: £28-30k
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2319JG
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 03rd Aug 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Service & Commissioning Engineer to join their team based in Norwich, Norfolk.
Testing, commissioning, validating and servicing of predominantly site-based LV industrial control systems including hardware and software solutions using PLC and SCADA platforms and embedded systems as appropriate. This includes internally manufactured products, business development projects and other bespoke products both on and offshore at client premises.
- Hardware testing of LV control systems
- Software testing (Rockwell and Siemens platforms)
- Fault finding and investigating system issues
- Preparation of agreed project documentation
- Preparation of equipment, documenting test results and maintenance of records for later analysis
- Attendance at clients sites for installation, servicing, testing and commissioning of products as necessary on and offshore
- Support of client products on site as part of an on-call service contract rota as necessary
- To maintain and action agreed site punch list/observation reports to satisfy project requirements
- To maintain a site report to log activity’s and key events during commissioning
- Ensure weekly timesheets and expenses are submitted in a timely manner
- Day to day interaction with clients representatives during in-house Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) at client premises
- Day to day clear communication with management, relevant project engineers and other colleagues
- PC literate with experience of Word, Excel and databases
- Previous knowledge and experience in commissioning general industrial process, safety and control systems
- Knowledge and experience with Rockwell and Siemens software platforms (RSlogix 500, 5000, FT View, Siemens S7, Win CC, TIA Portal) able to fault find and diagnose problems within software and rectify to relevant specification
- Ability to travel to clients sites as necessary (Onshore and Offshore)
- Ability to manage yourself onsite and problem solve situations where necessary
- You are expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner compatible with the goals and aims of the company
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to plan and organise efficiently and effectively
- Have a strong delivery performance
- Willingness to learn and adapt to different situations
- Be keen, reliable and committed
- Work as an individual and as part of a team
- The ability to take on responsibility as the business grows
- Team oriented, with a great sense of humour!
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.