Senior Design Engineer
- Location: Burnley
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2430SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 29th Oct 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Senior Design Engineer to join their team based in Burnley.
• To manage and lead the Engineering team in the design, planning, development and delivery of structural designs.
• To play a key role in representing the Company externally in respect of matters of a technical nature on/with professional bodies, consultancy organisations and academic institutions.
• To assist the Engineering & Design Director with the departmental strategic plan and manage and maintain a research and development programme to meet the needs of the Company’s strategic plan.
• When required, liaise and provide engineering support to the Sales, Design and Manufacturing team ensuring that the information from the Engineering & Design Office is in accordance with the Customer’s specification where applicable.
• To verify compliance with customer specifications, design codes, international standards, regulations and Company policies and procedures.
• To select correct design concepts and fundamental technology for the design of new products and the improvement of existing ones.
• To capture and specify the design requirements and the development and validation needed to deliver successful products and components to meet or exceed customer specification.
• To maintain a thorough technical knowledge of all existing standard products and structures.
• To play an important part in leading the Company drive to the standardisation of manufactured products.
• To mentor, coach, and facilitate professional development for all members of the Engineering & Design team in collaboration with the Engineering & Design Director.
• To assist change and develop more efficient processes within the Engineering & Design Office.
• To liaise and provide engineering support to the Sales team, Customer Representatives, Design team, Production and external suppliers.
• To manage the development of Engineering design tools to assist the efficient delivery of engineering services to the Company.
• Play a key role in representing the Company externally in respect of matters of a technical nature.
• To participate actively in the improvement, on an ongoing basis, of the Engineering design traceability and maintenance of product design procedures
• To participate actively in Continuous Improvement, Lean initiatives and other activities to improve the overall efficiency of the Company.
• To contribute to the ongoing challenge of improved product quality and general quality via ISO9001 accreditation.
• To deputise and cover for the Engineering & Design Director as required.
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve agreed deadlines.
• Ability to work using initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent commercial and contractual acumen.
• Self-motivation, initiative and drive, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
• The ability to shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details knowing when to concentrate on each.
• Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets for structural calculations.
• Thorough knowledge of mechanical/structural engineering principles.
• Team working ability, both as leader and member.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and oral.
• Ability to work autonomously and creatively.
• Strong commitment to high standards of work and delivered service.
• Happy to take the lead and not afraid to challenge internal processes.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.