- Location: Eye
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2644SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Apr 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
This role will be to provide Procurement, Commercial and Materials Management support to the Manufacturing and customer facing Sales teams, achieving and exceeding targets for quality, cost, delivery and inventory levels.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To provide support to the Procurement Manager in the running of the Procurement and Inventory Control teams.
• To lead the small Buying team in fulfilling their tasks.
• To ensure that duties are carried out in accordance with all Company policies, procedures and processes.
• To maintain a supply base that consistently achieves the business targets for quality, cost and performance.
• To investigate and resolve quality non-conformances and obtain an appropriate commercial resolution.
• To develop robust relationships with assigned UK and Global suppliers to support the needs of the business.
• To undertake commercial negotiations with assigned suppliers.
• To maintain the approved supplier database and investigate alternative suppliers in discussion with the Procurement Manager.
• To assist in the development and maintenance of a vendor rating scheme to monitor supplier efficiency and provide management information on which decisions can be made.
• To meet the Company’s targets for cost control and efficiency improvements within the annual budget, short-term plan and monthly sales objectives.
• To work within the wider Manufacturing Team, offering assistance and support when required.
Essential Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Ability to deliver objectives by agreed deadlines.
• Commercial acumen.
• Computer proficient skills including MS Office E-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good administrative skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Strong time management and communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• A focus on the total cost of acquisition/ownership.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.