- Location: Aberdeen
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2786NB
- Sector: Sales
- Vacancy First Advertised: 31st Jul 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Sales Manager to join their team based in Aberdeen on a full time permanent basis.
To assist with maintaining the current level of business and aid growth by Identifying and creating new opportunities and revenue for the controls business based out of Great Yarmouth.
This is to be achieved through ongoing and new development of client relationships and opportunities by defining and providing technical solutions and commercially viable proposals, providing long term value and quality to our clients whilst meeting our exceeding the revenue & profit proposed in the annual budget.
You will actively look for opportunities for growth of the current controls business as well as researching and developing new business opportunities whilst promoting other Company lines and service within the region.
To assist in generating, maintaining and delivering the sales and marketing strategy, plans and budgets in accordance with the overall Company strategy.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
• Promote Company controls business product lines, and improve market awareness of its topside and subsea capabilities and products to achieve growth in revenue, profit and market share
• Publicise Company’s complete products and service portfolio to the industry and align the business with the clients/projects requirements.
• Maintain appropriate processes to identify market potential and identify prospects and leads for growth in sales revenue and turn these leads in to firm enquiries and eventually orders. Ensure that that opportunity pipeline coverage is adequate to meet the revenue goals of the business as a result of conversion.
• Define tactical technical and commercial go forward plans and forward strategies with the Head of Sales - GY
• Define areas in the market to build niche solutions, actively target and seek new projects and opportunities out of the standard controls BS.
• Assist in generating, maintaining and delivering the sales and marketing strategy, plans and budgets in accordance with the overall Company Strategy.
• Establish and maintain relationships with development, engineering, operations and procurement staff employed by operators and consultants.
• Develop and grow market share by targeting key projects or clients. Defining the project decision makers, influencer and detractors, thus converting opportunities into Orders.
• Contribute to the preparation and compilation of the technical and commercial content of documents relating to Pre-qualifications, quotation and tenders in readiness for timely submission in an accurate and professional manor.
• Compile customer visit reports and business development reports on a regular bias.
• Stand-in Line management activities for the GY Business Stream, whilst Head of Sales is out
• Maintain CRM system in line with Company requirements, providing a true reflection of the business acquisition status and opportunity horizon.
• Ensure that the industry as a whole is aware of Company services, rental equipment and over all company capabilities and aligning the business with clients/projects requirements.
• Assist in preparing activity and performance reports against approved plans.
• Assist the Head of Sales in preparing activity and performance reports against approved plans.
• Monitor and report on competitors and operator activity.
• Represent the business as necessary at client meetings, technical seminars, etc. and contribute to various sales events, exhibitions, proportions and literature as required.
• Develop new business, sectors, geography and markets aiming to develop and improve as a global company.
• Participate in client meetings to support tender, contract and controls opportunities.
• Manage key accounts with the project team to ensure harmony within the lifecycle of a contract.
• Focal point for membership of industrial bodies/committees for information and networking opportunities.
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by head of sales within the time frame specified in a safe and efficient manor to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.