- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS1857SO
- Sector: Transport
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Jun 2017
We are currently seeking a Rental Assistant to join our clients team based in Manchester. Our clients are a car rental agency.
Purpose of Role:
· To provide a high level of rental service to meet customer requirements and to exceed their expectations.
· To sell the Company’s products and services to their full potential.
· To assist management in any reasonable task as deemed necessary and from time to time take on extra responsibility as required.
Scope of Role:
Reporting directly to the Assistant Branch/Branch Manager to ensure that rental location is managed in line with operational guidelines. The Rental Assistant will sell the Company’s products and services to all potential and existing customers to achieve and exceed agreed personal and Branch targets. Ideally the individual will be commercially aware and recognise and report on prospective business opportunities and competitor activity. Crucially, they will provide a high level of customer service in all customer contact situations, recognising our Company’s Customer Service standards and your empowerment to deliver total customer satisfaction. Role also involves the delivery and collection of vehicles to customer specified requirements and inform customers of all relevant information regarding vehicle handover and termination.
· Handle all telephone enquires in a polite and helpful manner, adhering to the Company’s telephone technique.
· Carry out instructions / procedures on the Prohire System as requested by Management.
· To accurately complete all rental administration and vehicle documentation, including the identification and reporting of damage, according to the company’s Operating Procedures.
· Responsible for security of vehicles, cash, premises and customer safety
· To drive company vehicles with care and adhere to the company Driving Standards Policy.
· As per instructions from Management, deposit company monies at the bank.
· Deputise for the Branch Manager on occasion
· To identify sales opportunities and maximise revenue achieved in all transactions.
· To organise and plan effectively the day to day fleet logistics.
· Any other reasonable duty as requested by Management.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in order to liaise effectively and confidently with all levels of management and staff. Ability to fully understand all processes, IT operating and telephony systems. Organised and methodical with an interest in assisting management in developing a winning culture.
· A track record of delivering superb levels of customer service and sales within a location (training will be provided to those who demonstrate potential through the agreed assessment process for the role).
· Previous rental experience desirable
· Resilient in nature with excellent planning, organising and time management skills. Someone who adapts and responds well to change, is tenacious in delivering change effectively, communicates and networks well, and is able to adapt their communication style.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online in the first instance for immediate consideration. Alternatively, please send your CV directly to Sharon@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.