- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2460AH
- Sector: Quality
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th Dec 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Quality Technician to join their team based in Norwich.
• Promote best practises in line with the Quality Management System
• Carry out first-off inspections for machinists
• Complete patrol inspections and identify key features to monitor
• Complete Inspection reports for submission to customers
• Carrying out calibration of gauges to prescribed methods
• Investigating and supporting production with non-conforming material
• Reviewing customer returns and supporting root-cause investigations
• Carrying out internal audits
• Supporting Senior QA technician with QA activities as required
Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of CNC machining
• Ability to perform measurements using high precision gauges and equipment
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings
• Able to clearly communicate information found during inspections
• Basic computer literacy – Excel, Word, Outlook
• Ability to use CMM
• Internal auditing qualification
• Training in Root Cause Analysis methods
• Knowledge of basic calibration - simple gauges such as callipers, micrometers, etc.
• A strong background and experience in precision engineering and previous inspection roles with an understanding of dimensional and geometric tolerances.
• Previous history of working under an ISO9001 Quality Management System
• A history of good communication skills and the ability to work with others to solve problems
• Experience of working to deadlines and in a timely manner to ensure products are delivered to customers on-time
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.