- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2639NB
- Sector: HSE
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Apr 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a QHSE Manager to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
This role involves leading the Quality and Health, Safety, Environment teams within Great Yarmouth as well as taking a lead in UK QHSE reporting and initiatives. The role must ensure development and compliance for all internal, customer and industry QHSE standards by engaging with teams at all levels. Operational Excellence is a key driver within the role and will require you to provide the necessary tools, support and structure for all departments to ensure that continuous improvement in process efficiency and operational discipline contributes towards our goal of completing every task right first time.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
• Support local Operational Excellence initiatives, ensuring improvement projects contribute towards business objectives and deliver results
• Work with functional leads throughout the organisation to ensure accountability and responsibility for processes and procedures is understood and that they are developed to provide clear operational guidance for all stakeholders.
• Lead the Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment teams
• Lead all aspects of the Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment function to ensure the Business Management System is robust, effective, and adheres to corporate standards and drives improvement
• Report against QHSE Targets and Objectives for the organisation, providing communication and interpretation and facilitating improvement
• Proactively manage all Incident and NCR (Non-Conformance Report) investigations and ensure effective RCA (Root Cause Analysis) is carried out where required, with the objective of driving efficient closure of actions to drive continuous improvement and process efficiency. and
• Encourage the use of organisational tools provided to identify specific OFI (Opportunities For Improvement) ; ensure these are recorded, prioritised and actioned
• Manage certification to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 together with any other standards that become necessary to the operation of the business; to include appropriate storage of documentation within the Business Management System, development of the internal audit programme, coaching of internal auditors and the coordination of visits from external auditors from awarding bodies as well as clients.
• Work with global and regional peers in order to identify best practises across the UK and global businesses; documenting, reporting and preparing implementation plans where required
• Identify decision points within the organisation and map efficiency and effectiveness to ensure the organisation can respond in a timely manner to customer demands
• Ensure robust and lean processes are developed through continuous improvement with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
• Measure cost of poor quality, ensure the organisation is educated as to what is a cost of (poor) quality and learns the value of quality to our customers as well as our bottom-line.
• Drawing on NCR, RCA, OFI and Lessons learned tools, develop and maintain a process of measuring common cause failure within processes, procured parts, assembly, testing and services in order to ensure robust counter-measures are established.
• Develop the SQA (Supplier Quality Assurance) function to ensure part quality is proactively managed by the Company and our suppliers as close to source as feasible
• Develop culture-changing initiatives in Operational Excellence, Quality, Health and Safety and Environment.
• Co-ordinate QHSE Management System Review
• Lead and ensure the effectiveness of the Internal Audit programme, coaching internal auditors where required
• Plan and host external audits by clients, certification or other bodies as appropriate, ensuring additional support is provided by the business where needed.
• ISO 9001, ISO 14001 or OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor as recognised by IRCA
• Degree qualified in Engineering or Business related discipline, or significant industry recognised HSE or Quality related qualifications
• Member of IOSH and /or Chartered Quality Institute
• Lean Six Sigma training, black or green belt
• Previous experience in Quality or HSE role with proven experience of managing a team and leading improvement projects
• Expertise in Kaizen and other Continuous Improvement techniques
• Strong Leadership skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills to large groups, professionals and business leaders
• Experienced in managing a quality function within an organisation or working within a global QHSE function
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.