- Location: Staines
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2596JN
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 25th Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Project Manager to join their team based in Staines.
This role will be to plan, organise and control activities so that all projects are completed successfully on time, to cost and to quality specifications.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
• Reporting to the Global Operations Director to give progress of assigned projects.
• Project tasks; including project start review. Whilst running project ensuring we meet time, cost and functionality of multiple projects.
• Project close review to check margins, continually ensuring the project meets our ISO9000 requirement, as well as various EC Directives
• To manage the projects on site, and ensure we comply to site safety (site safety supervisor qualification an advantage) needed to work on site in UK, abroad.
• Degree qualified
• Knowledge of Prince would be desirable.
• Sufficient experience to be able to see issues early
• Good communicator and ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work with difficult and not so difficult customers!
• Motivated with a positive attitude and determination to ensure projects are driven forward
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel & Prince
• Flexible to a hands-on approach as and when necessary.
• Ideally living up to a 20 mile radius.
• European languages will be beneficial
• General active attitude to life, but ability to stay calm when needed
Working Knowledge and Experience
The candidate is expected to have a strong knowledge of general engineering and the issues which bring projects together on time, especially with concurrent activity. A wide understanding of the 3 engineering disciplines is needed as projects include, mechanical (hydraulic), electronic control, and civil engineering for foundation and seismic base design. The candidate should understand basic project accounting, profit & loss, margins etc.
• Experience of running projects at home and abroad
• Sense of urgency to push project onwards
• Liaison with in-house production team, subcontractors and suppliers.
• Liaising with customers and overseeing installations will require travel.
• Understanding of EC legislation: Machinery Directive.
• Awareness of and/or qualification of site safety
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.