- Location: Ipswich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2439JG
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Nov 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Project Engineer to join their team based in Ipswich.
My client is passionate about building their own unique values, culture and operational philosophy and are equally dedicated to growing the skills of their people and the loyalty of their customers.
This organisation are pioneering in their approach and are a leading processing company supplying to the food industry. They are a highly innovative company market and part of a PLC group, so you can be sure of stability and an exciting future. We have an exciting opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that projects are executed following robust project processes to budget and timescale targets having given due consideration to sustainability, safety and environmental impacts.
• Ensure that assigned projects are processed efficiently and effectively following the companies project process and functional procedures
• Issuing accurate project documentation, communication and reporting, maintaining effective relationships with internal and external customers
• Identify and manage required resources, both technical and non-technical, to ensure project delivery
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation both local, national and specific to the business
• Deliver projects including risk identification, change, issue and quality management
• Responsibility for comprehensive project handover to normal maintenance and production operation
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical disciplines, production personnel and executives, both internal and external
• Effective leader and facilitator within a team with the ability to influence and manage internal and external customers/suppliers to ensure the timely success of the project
• Strong practical engineering and technical skill gained in a manufacturing environment
• Are able to critically analyse new and existing designs to generate improvement and cost reductions
• Ability to analyse technical information, interpret drawings, schematics, manufacturer instructions.
• Capable of marshalling resources to tackle projects with different core skills - buildings services, civil, manufacturing, environmental
• Experience of a relevant project system/approach/methodology.
Experience and Competencies
• Engineering Apprenticeship (Mechanical or Electrical) or recognised training to a similar level gained in engineering.
• Engineering Degree / HND / HNC / BTec in engineering or manufacturing subject will be considered.
• Experience of 3 years + in a manufacturing environment with significant experience of project work. Food or other types of controlled environment manufacturing experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.