Project Design Engineer
- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2743SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 04th Jul 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Project Design Engineer to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
This role will play a key part within the Engineering & Design team to provide the required technical support and engineering and design information to Sales, Projects, Design and Manufacturing to ensure that the output from the Engineering & Design office is in accordance with the customer’s specification.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To capture and specify the design requirements and validation needed to deliver successful products and components to meet or exceed customer specification.
• To provide engineering and design information and technical support throughout the proposal, engineering, design and detailing phases of Sales Order projects to relevant internal stakeholders.
• To verify the Design team output is compliant with the relevant British (BS), European (EN) and International Standards, including specific customer specifications, and Company policies and procedures.
• To utilise the principles of Design for Manufacture and value-added engineering throughout design undertakings where applicable.
• To produce mechanical calculations required to support the Sales and Design team where appropriate.
• To assist the Development Engineering team in the formation of functional design specifications, engineering instructions, operating and maintenance manuals and other similar technical guides where required.
• To utilise best practise and ensure that all designs eliminate hazards and reduce risks, as far as is reasonably practicable.
• To maintain a thorough technical knowledge of all existing standard products and structures.
• To play an important part in contributing to the Company drive to the standardisation of manufactured products.
• To assist change and develop more efficient processes within the Engineering & Design team.
• To participate actively in Continuous Improvement, Lean initiatives and other activities to improve the overall efficiency of the Company.
• To contribute to the ongoing challenge of improved product quality and general quality via ISO9001 accreditation.
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve agreed deadlines.
• Ability to work using initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent commercial and contractual acumen.
• The ability to shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
• Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets for structural calculations.
• Good knowledge of mechanical/structural engineering principles.
• Team working ability, both as leader and member.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and oral.
• Ability to work autonomously and creatively.
• Strong commitment to high standards of work and delivered service.
• Proven work experience gained in a similar engineering or manufacturing role.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
• Experience of the analysis and design of thin shelled structures and bolted structures would be advantageous, as would experience or understanding of seismic analysis.
• As a basis for design, a working knowledge of both Limit state design and allowable stress designs.
• Knowledge and experience of FEA, FMEA, preferably ANSYS.
• Degree or HND qualification in structural or mechanical engineering with evidence of continuing professional development. Alternatively, equivalent work experience gained at a suitable level within a related engineering role.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.