Production Shift Leader
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2724SO
- Sector: Warehouse
- Vacancy First Advertised: 20th Jun 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Production Shift Leader to join their team based in Great Yarmouth.
The role would be responsible for leading the production shift team to achieve the production plans in an efficient and safe manner and to produce a filled product that complies with GMP requirements.
This role reports to the Production Team and Lean Six Sigma Manager and deputises for the Production Coordinator in their absence.
• Run the production shift and manage the shift team.
• Lead by example with regards to timekeeping, work ethic, H&S and GMP standards and ensure the production shift team adopt and maintain these standards.
• Ensure batches are produced to meet production plans, to the required quality standards and in accordance with relevant company procedures.
• Ensure compliance with safety and quality procedures on the shift.
• Ensure shift members are trained in all relevant processes and training is adequately documented.
• Lead and drive continuous improvement initiatives and Lean projects within the department.
• Create, review and update production SOPs, WIs, Forms and BPRs in the electronic document management system when required.
• Be responsible for completing non-conformance investigations and associated CAPAs and assist in creating and completing change controls
• Proactively liaise with support departments to ensure day to day problems are resolved efficiently and plans are met.
• Manage effectively employee relations both informally & formally.
• Act as a backup for the responsible person on site outside of normal hours.
You would ideally have the following attributes and/or experience:
• A degree in a scientific discipline, although this is not essential.
• Previous experience of supervising and leading a team, monitoring performance, & delegating work within a production environment.
• Self-motivation with a proactive ‘can do’ approach.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the assertiveness to deal with staff related issues.
• Working experience of HR principles and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High aptitude for problem solving and decision making with proactive identification of improvements.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or similar, with experience of key problem solving or improvement tools (e.g. DMAIC, Kaizen)
• Experience of working within a regulated manufacturing/production environment (e.g. pharmaceutical, food production environment) and associated documentation.
• Experience of appraisals and individual performance management
• Sound working knowledge of windows office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and computer systems
Earlies – Monday to Thursday 6:00am-14:00pm and Friday 6:00am-13:00pm
Lates – Monday to Thursday 13:45pm-22:00pm and Friday 12:45pm-18:45pm.
30 minutes lunch
The production team is approximately 30 employees split over the 2 shifts.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.