- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2589EM
- Sector: Power Station
- Vacancy First Advertised: 21st Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Production Operator to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
The main purpose of this role is to complete the day to day operations of the shift team objectives in order to achieve maximum output, whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety.
• Ensure that safe working practises and procedures are adhered to within all areas of work.
• Assist with the implementing and supervising Health, Safety and Quality procedures.
• Operation of the Distributed Control System (DCS).
• Investigate plant problems alongside the PTL/SCE, identify solutions and undertake routine and non-routine maintenance.
• Prepare and present technical reports, maintaining appropriate records within recognised systems.
• Complete accurate and concise shift handover, ensuring all relevant parties are updated on plant operating conditions.
• Complete pre-start checks, commissioning and de-commissioning activities to meet operations.
• Assist the authorised person in the preparation of safety documents, including the isolation and de-isolation.
• Operate plant and equipment in accordance with operational procedures.
• Assist and cover the Fuel Operators role as required.
• Supervise other production staff and contracted personnel as directed by PTL/SCE.
• Adhere to the SHE Management System at all times.
Key Tasks / Objectives:
• To participate in the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Management System within the production teams of operations, maintenance, fuel reception and ash disposal.
• To have a competent person status within the Safe System of Work.
• To be a skilled operator of the DCS and all associated systems.
• Be self-motivated and work with all staff in the prevention of work related accidents and actively participates in raising and reporting of near misses (CAR reports).
• Ensures the correct use of tools and equipment (Applying LOLER & PUWER).
Skills, Knowledge and Experience (Desirable):
• A time served recognised apprenticeship
• SHE qualification i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH
• Minimum of 2 years in the power utility sector or a similar process industry
• Proven track record of excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Competent level of IT skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.