- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2656SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 29th Apr 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Production Manager to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
Customer service, commercial responsibility and teamwork are core values of the Company and the Glass & Epoxy Department Production Manager will utilise these values to manage and lead the production team in all aspects relating to the planning and manufacturing of product, ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered safely and economically.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To lead the Manufacturing team within the glass and Epoxy departments to deliver the production plan in full and on time to the quality standards required and at lowest cost.
• To carry out detailed assessment of departmental performance vs target, identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
• To develop team capabilities to meet the current and future needs of the business
• To lead in the task to create and sustain a zero-harm environment.
• Lead all aspects of continuous improvement within the area covering safety, quality, customer service and cost.
• Strong leadership, delegation, time management and communication skills.
• The ability to work using own initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
• Creative, problem solving and analytical thinker.
• Open style and a team player.
• Good organisational and presentational skills.
• An individual who can lead change but does it in a way which brings the team with them.
• Operating as a Manager within a dynamic manufacturing environment for a minimum of 5 years.
• Experience of managing a diverse team.
• Genuine hands-on experience of manufacturing operations and people management.
• Rigour in managing teams in a safety-conscious culture.
• Driving Continuous Improvement and process optimisation through lean techniques.
• Success in creating a first-class operating environment.
• Comfortable interacting with mid to upper level management teams.
• Ideally degree educated.
• IOSH/NEBOSH qualified.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.