Product Support Engineer
- Location: Diss
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2758SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 09th Jul 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Product Support Engineer to join their team based in Diss on a full time, permanent basis.
Responsible for providing product support to all departments within the business. This includes help and guidance with standard products for Installation and Assembly operatives. The position will work closely with Design Engineers from new product development (NPD) for the continuous improvement and development of the standard product range.
• Develop full product knowledge throughout the company range.
• Provide technical support to customers.
• Develop knowledge of glazing systems and practices.
• Strive to continuously improve products by contributing ideas and designs to the team and subsequent development as required.
• Support the development team when required with the manufacture of prototypes.
• To be involved in mechanical product testing and fault-finding during development and on existing products.
• Assist with the design, development and manufacture of jigs, fixtures and fittings to improve production efficiency and consistency.
• To assist with authoring and maintenance of all technical literature including work instructions, drawings, procedures and data sheets.
• Assist with the training of production operatives on new and existing products and ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered too.
• Assist with any bespoke design development as required.
• Lead a process of continuous improvement and value engineering of standard components
• Develop parametric models for some of the most common bespoke designs to offer semi-standard solutions and reduce design lead times.
• To assist in all areas of production to solve any queries/issues raised
• With the use of Autodesk Inventor produce full 3D models of the product solution
• To produce consistent sets of production, assembly and installation drawings.
• Ensure that designs are suitable by calculating structural requirements of frame and glass
• Attend site and where necessary assist in the repair inf units.
• Liaise with clients where necessary to discuss design/technical queries
• Other tasks as reasonably required
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 17:00pm (37.5hrs per week)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.