Product Development Chemist
- Location: Thetford
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS1940JG
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Sep 2017
Our client is a highly innovative manufacturer, privately owned with a substantial presence in Thetford manufacturing an extensive product portfolio which are all well-known household brands. We are seeking a Product Development Chemist to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
Delivers approved projects to agreed launch plans with no quality issues; Ensures that product evaluation is carried out to appropriate methodologies; Liaise with Marking/Sales, Purchasing and Manufacturing teams to ensure that appropriate technical support is provided; Carries out performance reviews and sets objectives for team members; Continuously strives to improve technical core competencies within PD area by coaching and training.
Job Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
5+ years of experience in appropriate product development areas, including at least 1 year of managerial responsibility.
Typically requires university degree in Science
Understanding of Chemistry and Consumer issues within an FMCG company
Understanding a broad range of FMCG products, including their composition and uses
PC Microsoft Office literate
Leadership / Day-to-Day Management:
· Manages assigned projects to the agreed launch date to a high level of quality;
· Ensures the technical support for Marketing and Supply within projects
· Reports to the Technical Director on a regular basis with updates of key projects within the category;
· Supports current products for own label and the brands with Marketing and Supply;
· When required, develops, tests & evaluate new technologies, raw materials and new product forms relevant to our key brands;
· When required, supports Marketing in designing winning products
· Works to standards and procedures for the scientific and technical work in the group;
· Writes technical project reports and reports work progress at project meetings
· Provides root cause analysis and technical support for Production and Quality departments
· May train and supervise others with the guidance from the Technical Director.
Shared with Technical Director and Product Manager:
· Ensures implementation of product development technical strategy for key brand innovation and key customers;
Shared with Marketing:
· Responsible for the technical compliance of briefs i.e. physical stability, LOL, Regs. Etc
Skills and Knowledge for Effectiveness in Role:
· Planning & organising
· Building a successful team
· Building partnerships
· Communication and Interpersonal
Personal / Interpersonal Skills:
· Strong leadership skills
· Good cross functional communication
· Mentoring and personal development skills
· Leading by example
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online for early consideration. Alternatively, please email your CV directly to John@pspersonnelltd.co.uk and ensure that it’s up to date with your most recent employment.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.