Product Design Engineer (Opto Electronics)
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2080JG
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Sep 2018
Do you have proven commercial experience in Optoelectronics product design within the defence, industrial, aerospace, Oil and Gas and wireless communications markets.
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Product Design Engineer (Opto Electronics) to join their Engineering department, reporting to the Technology Development Manager.
As member of the Engineering team provides technical design and layout expertise for both customer & internal- released & development products. ensuring successful execution of changes and launching of new products and customer satisfaction. Contribute to the attainment of departmental goals/objectives, establishment of guidelines, documentation, planning/development for the advancement of the department.
- To define, design & develop Opto electronic products for harsh environment applications
- Define and develop Opto electronics manufacturing processes
- Define and develop Opto electronics testing systems & methods
- Define and develop optical fibre interconnects
- Manufacture of prototype products
- Perform and report verification testing of prototype product
- Transfer products from NPI to Manufacture
- To undertake identified aspects of the design and development of new products
- To actively improve or optimise aspects of design, function or processing of existing key products.
- To support other departments with urgent issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to formulate effective solutions
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required to maintain and/or improve the efficiency, quality and service of the Engineering team
- Technical engagement with customers
- Technical engagement with design partners
- Occasional technical engagement with suppliers which may require visits to the supplier’s place of business
- Engagement with all departments within the company as necessary to carry out the duties outlined above.
Working hours for this role will be from 8am until 4:30pm from Monday to Thursday and 8am until 1:30pm on Friday. Totalling 37.5 hours per week.
If this is a role you believe to be suitable for yourself, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.