- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2307SO
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Jan 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Procurement Manager to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk, to work on a full time permanent basis.
This role will be to lead the Procurement team in delivering year on year cost down whilst providing best in class service levels to the business by combining excellent relationship management skills.
• To create and deliver an effective purchasing strategy.
• To manage and target, proactively identify and remove non-value-added costs within the Company’s supply chain.
• To introduce systems and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall spend while increasing overall effectiveness.
• To optimise the use and effectiveness of the existing MRP platform.
• To identify, introduce and maintain a UK & Global supplier and subcontract network, developing key relationships to support the strategic and operational improvement needs of the business.
• To drive down raw material and bought-out finished component costs year on year.
• To negotiate and agree beneficial framework agreements and contracts in Company’s favour.
• To manage and maintain supplier audits and approval processes.
• To consider and implement a make or buy strategy to provide cost reduction and optimum profitability for the business.
• To challenge existing processes, systems and practices demonstrating a bias for action to make a difference in departmental effectiveness.
• To manage the purchase ordering and goods receiving processes to ensure compliance with relevant ISO procedures.
• To develop and maintain innovative and effective stock control systems for all raw materials, fuels, maintenance spares, production consumables and other items where appropriate, ensuring adequate stocks are held to meet business needs at minimum stock costs.
• To develop and maintain the PI counting system to consistently deliver stock accuracy of more than 95%.
• To develop and maintain incoming material control systems, ensuring accuracy of assessment and control of conforming and discrepant materials both physically and within the Epicor ERP system.
• To develop and maintain the supplier quality control reporting process to ensure that identified non-conformances are reported effectively and incurred costs recovered.
• To effectively manage the Goods Inward operation.
• To mentor, coach and develop other team members.
• Carry out research to ascertain best products and value for our main areas of spend.
• To lead from the front in supporting zero harm initiatives.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
Essential Skills & Personal Attributes:
• Natural leader and influencer.
• Relentless drive for best performance.
• Very comfortable interacting at all levels of the business.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Courage to challenge the norm.
• Top class negotiator.
• Comfortable being hands on and diving into the detail where required.
• Comfortable working autonomously.
• Ability to make important decisions and cope with demanding targets and tight deadlines.
• Numerical and detail orientated.
• Project management skills.
• Minimum 5 years but ideally 10 years procurement management experience.
• Desirable experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
• Significant hands-on experience of ERP systems.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.