- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2286SO
- Sector: Management
- Vacancy First Advertised: 10th Jul 2018
P&S Personnel Services Ltd are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently a Procurement Manager to work at their leading manufacturing facility based in Eye, Suffolk.
This role is to lead the Procurement team in delivering a high level of service to the Company, using excellence in communication and the principle of Continuous Improvement. Also, to lead the Goods Inwards Team in delivering accurate and efficient material assessment and inventory control.
- To develop a progressive Departmental attitude towards Health & Safety, ensuring that all corporate requirements are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- To identify, introduce and maintain a UK and Global supplier and sub-contract network, developing key relationships to support the strategic needs of the business.
- To be the primary business resource for key material matters.
- To work with other Department Heads in the production and maintenance of relevant management information and development of new concepts and products.
- To meet the Company targets for cost control and efficiency improvement within the annual budget and other business performance metrics.
- To manage the purchase ordering and goods receiving procedures to ensure compliance with relevant ISO procedures.
- To develop and maintain, in conjunction with colleagues, stock control systems for all raw materials, fuels, maintenance spares and other items where appropriate, ensuring adequate material stocks are held to meet the needs of the business at minimum stocking cost.
- To develop and maintain the Consignment Stock inventory control process, identifying opportunities to introduce new items into the system.
- To develop and maintain the Perpetual Inventory (PI) counting system.
- To develop and maintain the incoming material control systems, ensuring accuracy of assessment and control of conforming and discrepant materials both physically and within the Epicor ERP system.
- To develop and maintain the Supplier Quality Control (SQC) reporting process, to ensure that identified non-conformances are reported effectively and incurred costs recovered.
- Operating as a Senior Manager within a dynamic environment.
- Success at leading and managing teams.
- Procurement of materials and services in either a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Hands-on experience of ERP System Purchasing and Inventory Management (ideally within an Epicor ERP environment).
- Competence in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online including up-to-date CV and full contact details.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.