Planning Assistant & Scheduler
- Location: Beccles
- Salary: £19,000-£21,500 p/a
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2810SO
- Sector: Admin
- Vacancy First Advertised: 21st Aug 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Planning Assistant & Scheduler to join their team based in Beccles on a full time, permanent basis.
• To support production and customer supply by sourcing and scheduling bought-in components.
• To manage any secondary process for items that require printing or blocking.
• To organise the wadding operation on site and plan for items that require wadding at Beccles.
• You are responsible for controlling and monitoring these tasks.
• You will ensure all customer requirements are met OTIF.
• Analyse bought-in component requirements, purchased parts, services and other items that are related to the manufacture of plastic bottles.
• Convert requirements into orders with suppliers. Orders are to be made into conventional lot sizes and quantities whilst also considering factors such as existing inventories and avoidable waste.
• Prepare purchase orders and communicate these with the suppliers.
• Schedule deliveries of and organise secondary processes based on production forecasts and material availability.
• Liaise with suppliers to ensure Supply chain requirements for customer OTIF are met.
• Maintain a close relationship with the internal Customer Services team, always ensuring they are aware of accurate delivery details and any potential delays.
• Maintain data integrity and correct set up within the ERP system.
• To provide cover for IM Planning
• To provide cover for the Purchasing Schedulers
• The ability to work on one’s own initiative to achieve objectives and taking accountability for work/actions un-dertaken.
• The ability to work under pressure, remaining calm and in control with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Able to respond positively to changing customer and work demands.
• Is conscientious and thorough in all aspects of work responsibilities, has a professional approach to work.
• The ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner, verbally and in writing, and at all levels with-in the Company, and with customers.
• Can work effectively with others as part of a team to achieve team objectives.
• Organises own work, ensuring a high level of accuracy in all work undertaken.
• Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
• Ability to undertake duties in every respect as laid out in the job description (further to training if required)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.