Optoelectronics Product Design Engineer
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: £35-40k
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2575SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 14th Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Optoelectronics Product Design Engineer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
As member of the Engineering team provides technical design and layout expertise for both customer & internal- released & development products ensuring successful execution of changes and launching of new products and customer satisfaction. Contribute to the attainment of departmental goals/objectives, establishment of guidelines, documentation, planning/development for the advancement of the department.
• To define, design & develop Opto electronic products for harsh environment applications
• Define and develop Opto electronics manufacturing processes
• Define and develop Opto electronics testing systems & methods
• Define and develop optical fibre interconnects
• Manufacture of prototype products
• Perform and report verification testing of prototype product
• Transfer products from NPI to Manufacture
• To undertake identified aspects of the design and development of new products
• To actively improve or optimise aspects of design, function or processing of existing key products.
• To support other departments with urgent issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to formulate effective solutions
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required to maintain and/or improve the efficiency, quality and service of the Engineering team
• Technical engagement with customers
• Technical engagement with design partners
• Occasional technical engagement with suppliers which may require visits to the supplier’s place of business
• Engagement with all departments within the Company as necessary to carry out the duties outlined above.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.