- Location: Thetford
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS1941JG
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Sep 2017
Our client is a highly innovative manufacturer, privately owned with a substantial presence in Thetford manufacturing an extensive product portfolio which are all well-known household brands. We are seeking an Operations Accountant to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
The key purpose of the role is to provide timely and accurate information that will improve the financial and operational control of the factory, and support appropriate business decision-making.
Job Related Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Have a sound manufacturing background and with a good knowledge of product costing and factory processes
· Have advanced excel skills
· Be self-motivated and pro-active, with high energy levels
· Be resilient, tenacious and able to challenge the status quo
· Possess excellent planning and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail
· Be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
· Part or newly qualified ACCA/CIMA
· Preparation of budgets and forecasts for operational labour, overheads, production, warehousing, freight, purchasing and inventory
· Providing thorough and detailed analysis of weekly & monthly variances against budget and forecast for each of the above
· Producing weekly and monthly management accounts with appropriate commentary and action plans
· Inventory management and reporting, including stock valuation/revaluation, obsolete stock, and PI variances
· Control of the stock obsolescence, including the approval and disposal
· Production of the monthly board pack information related to the total Supply Chain
· Month end processes including accruals and prepayments and reconciliation of operational balance sheet nominal codes.
· Be an integral part of the Factory core leadership team in terms of financial support and control
· Control of Capex in-line with the company process related to the supply chain area including cash flow forecasting and payback control.
· Forecasting, monitoring and reporting on weekly KPIs including completion of operational dashboard.
· Maintaining/updating the standard cost system, and producing ad-hoc product costing as required
· Other tasks will include production of the quarterly VAT return, weekly bank reconciliations and control of bank payments and templates.
· Developing and improving operational accounting processes and procedures
· Participating in and supporting business improvement opportunities and other ad-hoc projects
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online for early consideration. Alternatively, please email your CV directly to John@pspersonnelltd.co.uk and ensure that it’s up to date with your most recent employment.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.