Offshore Hydraulic Maintenance Technician
- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: £37k
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2381JG
- Sector: Oil and Gas
- Vacancy First Advertised: 28th Nov 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an Offshore Hydraulic Maintenance Technician to join their team based in Great Yarmouth.
Are you qualified and competent Hydraulic Technician with proven experience in the planned and preventative maintenance of hydraulic equipment both onshore and offshore? This exciting and challenging role is to cover the offshore maintenance projects working in the Southern North Sea area. It is envisaged therefore that you must be within realistic travelling distance to Great Yarmouth or willing to relocate to the area for a permanent opportunity.
Ongoing training and upskilling is an essential part of the role and you will receive full support from the company to ensure technical excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• To carry out planned, preventative and routing maintenance of hydraulic systems offshore and make recommen-dations for remediation.
• To be able to identify and use appropriate fittings for assembly and installation of hydraulic hoses.
• Detailed completion of project reports / documentation / certification and ensuring this is passed to the project engineer or supervisor, signed, dated and identified correctly for compiling into the final manufacturing record books.
• The ability to complete client work orders, permits, timesheets etc. correctly and to the satisfaction of the client and the end user.
• Provide written and oral documentation of job status.
• Complete records maintain tools and equipment and perform various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
• Ensure the quality management system and design procedures are followed and standards are maintained.
• To be conversant with and adhere to the company core values; company and regulation quality, health, safety and environmental standards, client safety induction rules and all applicable legislation.
• To ensure that all tasks carried out are as per supervisor’s written and verbal instructions.
• To complete all work to the appropriate work instruction; on-time, competently and within budget.
• Reports done efficiently and accurately on return to the workshop or on job completion.
• Must be prepared to depart offshore / overseas at short notice as required.
Specialised Technical Knowledge and Skills
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Qualification / background.
• Must be fully conversant with Hydraulic maintenance within the oil/gas and energy sectors.
• Must be fully conversant with the industrial and offshore environments.
• Relevant and up to date Offshore Survival and Medical Certificates.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
If you want to be part of a great team with ambition and leading edge technology, then please apply online in the first instance, ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring it’s up to date.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.