Occupational Health Technician
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2377NB
- Sector: Nursing & Care
- Vacancy First Advertised: 14th Sep 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking an Occupational Health Technician to join their team based in Norwich.
This role requires the individual to ensure the smooth running of the clinic, and the provision of a professional occupational health service to our clients and patients in Clinic and off-site. This role requires a high level of flexibility, with excellent organisational and supervision skills, to ensure service objectives and company KPI’s are achieved efficiently and effectively.
- To provide a professional, efficient occupational health service whilst always maintain a high level of customer service to our clients at all times.
- Carry out medicals within the times slots given to ensure the clinics run to schedule.
- To be able to use your own initiative to problem solve and ask for advice when needed.
- To undertake offsite duties when required to do so and be organised and prepared for all eventualities.
- To undertake drugs testing to the highest standard possible and use the correct chain of custody procedures when given a Non-Negative Sample.
- To accurately collect measurements and document them correctly and securely.
- To undertake health assessments and health surveillance such as audiometry, spirometry, vision screening, HAVs screening, and any other associated test as required.
- To be flexible to meet our client’s needs at all times of the day and weekends, and if required to do so with occasional overnight stays.
- To be able to manage blood and urine samples and label them appropriately for testing.
- Ensure all complaints/incidents are reported and dealt with according to company policy.
- To maintain confidentiality in accordance with the GDPR and all other company policies pertaining to the role.
- To liaise and build relationships with all staff to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Clinics
- Ensure the smooth running of all clinics and offsite work and assist in the organisation of associated equipment; ensuring that the necessary equipment is ready to be taken off-site
- To ensure that all clinical areas are kept clean and tidy and that all appropriate infection control measures are adhered to.
- Ensure stock levels at all clinic locations are adequate and alert Managers regarding any stock issues.
- Ensure pool cars are kept clean, tidy and stocked appropriately and pool car documentation is being carried out by technicians as per policy.
- To undertake the necessary tests and clinical examinations accurately and proficiently.
- To ensure the accurate processing of data entry, and quality checking of all letters, reports, report templates and patient files, and follow due process at all times
- Support with administration tasks as required.
- Be polite and courteous at all times towards clients and staff.
- Ensure operations adhere to all company policies, regulations and achievement of all company KPI’s.
- The post holder is required to take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with the company in adhering to all statutory and company safety regulations and policy.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.