Network Project Engineer 2nd Line
- Location: Harrogate
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2587JN
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 21st Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Network Project Engineer 2nd Line, to join their team based in Harrogate on a full time permanent basis.
The main role for this position is to deliver network connectivity projects, in line with industry best practices, to our customers based on our UK wide national MPLS network and vCloud environment. The role demands a degree of technical design and understanding of wide area networks, especially MPLS and Internet technologies.
All candidates must be willing to undergo various security clearance procedures.
• Hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco and Huawei network equipment, especially routers and switches.
• Take full ownership and a proactive role in project delivery and ensure that project time scales are met.
• Work with Project Managers and shadow Network Consultants on the design and implementation of new products, projects, vendors and services.
• Liaise with customer for any support calls to aid with installations.
• Support field engineers with CPE installations.
• Ensure that all support systems have been updated with technical details of the customer solution and that all the new managed equipment that is part of the solution is added to network monitoring.
• Document and maintain processes in line with working practices.
• Manage and support the Apprentices’ training programme through the creation of documentation and templates.
• Undertake personal and technical development as agreed with your line manager, either through in-house training, product training and self-study as available.
• Escalate any challenges or issues in a timely manner and in line with company processes.
• Liaise with Engineering Manager for effective use of time and any scheduling requirements for workload.
• Attend regular team meetings and One to One sessions with your direct line Manager.
• Adherence to Company ISO09001 and ISO27001 certification standards:
• Compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Handling and protection of Company information
• Reporting of security events
• Implementing appropriate policies and procedures
Relevant Training & Experience
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Visio.
• 3 years technical experience in a network project implementation role or similar.
• Cisco Professional Certification, CCNA and preferably CCNP.
• Advanced knowledge of WAN, MAN and LAN technologies.
• Able to work independently on projects and support issues.
• Full understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack backed up by hands on experience working with IPv4 and IPv6.
• Proven experience working with MPLS technologies including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering, OSPF, BGP, and QoS on Cisco networks.
• Good communications and customer service skills and proven record of liaising directly with customers, vendors, service providers and suppliers.
• Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco network equipment, especially routers and switches.
Desirable (but not essential):
• Experience and fluency in PHP scripting.
• Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco firewalls.
• Experience working with Cisco ASA and Fortigate firewall products.
• Experience working with CISCO ACE and Citrix Netscaler products.
• Good organisational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Customer focus
• Problem Solving Integrity
• Good communication skills
• Ability to manage sensitive situations
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.