Network Product Developer
- Location: Harrogate
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2553SO
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 01st Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Network Product Developer to join their team based in Harrogate.
The Product Development function is responsible for developing new products that enhance the service portfolio of the company. The successful candidate will assist the function with the development of new and the enhancement of existing network products and services.
Duties will include, but are not restricted to the following:
• The design and development of new network and security related products
• Working with other members of Product Development in designing and developing network related elements of new products
• Working closely with Product Management to help define product capabilities based on technical knowledge and experience
• Working closely with the Core Network team to understand the existing core network, and to ensure new services are integrated correctly with it
• Documenting completed services and performing a handover to other departments for in-service delivery and support
• Follow Service Transition and Change Control procedures for production platforms and services
• Adherence to ISO09001 and ISO27001 certification standards: - Compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Handling and protection of Company information
• Reporting of security events
• Implementing appropriate policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will be a bright and enthusiastic individual who is dedicated to achieving great results, they will ideally have the following skills, attributes and experience:
• An intelligent self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative to solve problems
• Work to tight timescales
• A fast learner with the ability to pick up new skills quickly
• Ability to think laterally
• Must be flexible and work as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate, co-ordinate and work with other departments
• Strong problem diagnosis skills
• Ability to effectively pass on knowledge to other people
Technical Skills Required
The ideal candidate will have a good level of technical knowledge and have experience with a variety of network technologies.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate several years’ experience, understanding, and knowledge in the following areas:
• A minimum CCNP equivalent skill level with hands on experience of OSPF, RIP, RIP2 and BGP routing protocols. High end Cisco switching and routing; VPN technologies, in particular EoMPLS/MPLS/TAG; MPLS-QoS; network-design; configuration; troubleshooting
• Good understanding of network security issues and protective methods within a service provider environment
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to network security, with solid experience of Fortinet security devices, and IPSec VPN configuration
• Good understanding of SD-WAN technologies
• Hands on experience with Fortinet products, including FortiGate, FortiWiFi, and ideally the built in SD-WAN capabilities
• Use of Network Management applications (e.g.: tools such as Nagios; CCTI; RRDtool; Orchestream/IPSA)
• Hands on experience with Cisco Routers / Switches from CPE up to ASR9k and Nexus
• Experience with Cisco ASA firewall products
• Experience with Cisco, Netscaler or other GSLB/SLB technologies
• ADSL / SDSL / PPPoA and associated broadband technologies
• Linux/Unix Operating Systems experience
• DNS / SMTP / RADIUS / SNTP
• Hands on experience in scripting (e.g. Python, Bash, Perl)
• Strong Service provider background
Hours of Work
The Company’s standard working hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 until 5:30pm with one hour for lunch.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.