Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer
- Location: Ipswich
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2450JG
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 16th Nov 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Multi-Skilled Shift Engineer to join their team.
Our client is passionate about building their own unique values, culture and operational philosophy and are equally dedicated to growing the skills of their people and the loyalty of their customers.
This is an attractive shift pattern Monday-Friday 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm alternating.
This organisation is pioneering in their approach and are a leading processing company supplying to the food and beverage industry. They are a highly innovative company and part of a PLC group, so you can be sure of stability and an exciting future.
In this role you will be a pro-active member of the site engineering team responsible for the maintenance to maximise machinery availability. You will be responsible for carrying out a range of electrical and mechanical engineering tasks that include planned maintenance, small projects, installations, breakdown repairs and continuous improvement activities. You will deliver work to high standards whilst working safely, recording all activities and spares used accurately and promptly to enable the best utilisation of our computerised maintenance system. You will implement and contribute to programs to improve plant reliability, efficiency and availability and will be a proactive member of the call-out team rota to provide 24/7 cover.
The Candidate. You will:
• Have a proven engineering background with a wide range of electrical and mechanical experience. Electrical bias is preferred but not essential. Qualifications must be evidenced by UK recognised certification.
• Have experience of working a rotating shift pattern.
• Be familiar with using a computerised maintenance system to record activities.
• Be flexible to a wide range of tasks and work situations
• Possess working knowledge of PLCs and electrical systems, steam plant and associated equipment and water distribution and treatment
Hours of Work:
• This is a shift working position covering a 24/7 operation. Starting shift pattern will be 2 shift / 5 day (8 hours). However, the pattern has the potential to be reviewed to incorporate a full 24/7 coverage for the site.
• You will join the paid call out rota for "out of hours" cover when on a 2 shift pattern.
If you want to work for an organisation that really values its staff with great scope for fast career progression, then please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.