- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Temp
- Reference: PS2759EM
- Sector: Marine
- Vacancy First Advertised: 09th Jul 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Mechanical Technician to join their team based in Lowestoft.
Apply mechanical theory and related knowledge to assist with the manufacture and maintenance and repair activities on company plant, machinery and equipment.
• Diagnose causes of mechanical malfunctions or failure of operational equipment and perform corrective and preventative maintenance as required
• Preparation and testing of equipment for mobilisations in accordance with company procedures
• Mobilisation and commissioning of mechanical plant and equipment in accordance with company procedures
• To ensure that all allocated work and testing and inspection tasks are carried out in accordance with both the written instructions issued by the Mechanical Superintendent & reference to the manufacturer’s manual for specification & specialist instructions
• Where additional work or components are found to be necessary, the Technician will notify the Mechanical Superintendent of these requirements and the appropriate actions will then be taken
• At all times, Technicians will be responsible to ensure duties performed, comply with the requirements of the company Procedures Manual and industry standards
• Responsible for ensuring that all planned maintenance requirements (as detailed on the Worksite Planned Maintenance Schedule) are carried out and recorded as necessary and for recommending and/or initiating remedial works on any equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards
• Equipment Maintenance Record Forms are to be completed when any work other than routine maintenance is necessary
• Offshore Working – When working away from the base, the Technician will report to the worksite Superintendent or directly to the Technical Services Manager
• Technicians will be provided with suitable supervision, training or instructions to allow them to carry out tasks in a safe and competent manner, where experience and/or qualifications do not meet requirements
• Remain flexible within your work environment with regard to working in other areas of the business that fit within your skill sets, and as requested by your line Manager
• Maintain a clean and tidy working environment, working within the company COSHH guidelines and ensuring that all relevant Health and Safety requirements are met
• Provide flexible attendance, both in line with the requirements of the role, and any specific requirements of the Mechanical Superintendent
• To work in a professional manner at all times regardless of the task set and are pro-active in promoting a positive image for the department and Company.
• Able to read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, detailed drawings and other similar authorised documents
• Have an in-depth knowledge of mechanical materials and their manufacturing processes
• Good verbal communication skills
• Be highly self-motivated, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team
• Thrive in a challenging environment
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Full apprenticeship served
• City & Guilds Parts 1 & 2, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
• Five or more years of related experience in a mechanical engineering field
• Previous experience of working within a similar industry
Hours of Work
Basic hours 8:00am to 16:30pm, but there will be overtime on Saturdays so a degree of flexibility will be required.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.