- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2486NB
- Sector: Marine
- Vacancy First Advertised: 21st Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
This role will be to work within the ship repair and engineering team in the Gt Yarmouth facility. The core business is supporting our client’s requirements in marine engineering, fabrication and mechanical maintenance on vessels and various onshore assets.
Assisting the Engineering Department to complete mechanical overhaul, repair, renew or modification of mechanical and hydraulic equipment / systems. When required, to assist in the interpretation on work scopes, identification and sourcing materials and planning.
Time served engineers will complete the technical aspects of overhaul, repair, renew or modification of vessel or other assets mechanical equipment & systems.
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ)
• The Fitter is fully responsible for familiarising themselves with the site HSEQ documentation, systems and procedures relevant to their area(s) of responsibility and for ensuring that they are understood and applied to everyone within their respective area/s of responsibility.
• Shall ensure that only safe working practices are applied by persons within their area(s) of responsibility, with care for the environment and due consideration for quality requirements.
• Shall ensure, so far as is reasonable practicable, that all persons who come within their area(s) of responsibility receive adequate information, instruction or supervision necessary for them to prevent or avoid risks to their health and safety.
• Shall ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times throughout their area(s) of control.
• Shall ensure that work equipment, premises and protective clothing and equipment provided within their area(s) of control are used as required and maintained in an efficient state and in good working order and repair.
• Carry out HSEQ inspections as required.
• Be involved in any HSEQ investigations to establish root cause and implement corrective, preventive actions.
• Shall ensure that HSEQ problems which cannot be resolved immediately are raised quickly with their Line Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
? Maintaining hydraulic systems
? Maintaining and repairing pumps and other mechanical equipment
? General structural maintenance of installations
Marine (assist or lead in the following if required)
? Thruster removal and replacement
? Thruster blade removal and replacement
? Removal & reinstallation pumps, pipes, valves and other mechanical items.
? Removal & reinstallation compressors, generators, coolers and filter systems.
? Removal & reinstallation of heavy mechanical items such as bow / stern doors, ramps winches etc.
? Transporting items through the vessel as required by fleeting using lifting equipment.
? Assisting in the overhaul, repair, renew or modification of the vessel’s main engines, generators compressors and other engineering equipment.
? Cleaning work areas during and after work.
? Cleaning mechanical items for inspection or as part of repair
• Competent to utilise equipment
• Working with colleagues to ensure that customer requirements are met
• Behaving in a professional and productive manner.
• Meeting objectives set by the company.
• Willingness to take on new challenges and ensure individual competency
Qualification and Experience
• Trade time served fitter/engineer
• Some welding/fabrication experience would be an advantage
• Slinging, confined space and working at heights is required but training will be provided in this and other operational needs
• Fork lift Driving (not required for all Fitting Ancillaries to get the required cover level)
• Mobile Elevating Work Platform not required for all Fitting Ancillaries to get the required cover level)
• Manual Handling
The above is not an exhaustive list and you may be required to conduct other duties as requested.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.