- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2767NB
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 16th Jul 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
Upon joining the Engineering Department, the Mechanical Engineer will have day to day responsibilities for delivering key aspects of mechanical topside and subsea control system products from concept design through to manufacture and test.
On assignment of product or project-based tasks, the Mechanical Engineer will work with colleagues to design and implement subsea and topside controls projects that include, but not limited to:
• Calculations – structural, hydraulic and hydraulic analyses
• Bills of materials
• Functional and technical specifications
• Procedures - testing, installation, commissioning and operating
• Work with CAD team to produce schematic, general arrangement and fabrication drawings
The Mechanical Engineer will have involvement in supporting other company functions, such as Manufacturing, Sales, Procurement and Field Services in delivering technical solutions. Interaction with customers is a key aspect to the role and will be required in the office and Customer locations, including overseas travel where required.
• Demonstrate involvement, learning and personal development in understanding of Company products, processes and projects.
• Ensure a technical solution for a product or project is designed and built to conform to the latest agreed Customer specifications and relevant industry standards.
• Ensure the timely delivery of the agreed scopes of supply, including documentation, equipment design/manufacture, testing and services.
• Utilise knowledge and experience to identify deviations from the desired scope of supply and address such issues in a timely manner, as far as is practicable.
• Provide knowledgeable advice and guidance to the Manufacturing team as well as the Client to ensure the highest quality, performance and safety of a supplied solution.
• Ensure a system is well documented to allow future maintenance and modification (as required) and compliance with company QA/QC requirements.
• Setting up of components and instructions to procurement utilising company ERP system.
• Development of company product line(s).
• Engage in continual improvement activities to deliver improvements in product design, cost and quality
• Provide guidance, share knowledge, mentor and support wider engineering team.
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management.
• The majority of the work to be undertaken will be at the Great Yarmouth facility. However, occasions may require site working (commissioning, testing or fault rectification) both in the UK and overseas including offshore environments, where direct liaison with the Client is also undertaken on behalf of the company.
• Good level of personal fitness to enable job holder to maintain medical certifications for travel in addition to a valid UK driving license and passport.
• Engineering qualification to BTEC (HND) or a suitable technical qualification with the appropriate engineering experience.
• Understanding of industrial mechanical and hydraulic control systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and others, both verbally and written.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to prioritise workload.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to self-motivate and motivate others.
• Ability to work within time-cost constraints.
• Ability to self-teach from various sources.
• PC literate including Microsoft Office.
• High level of self-discipline and pride to be reflected in quality of work.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.