- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2478SO
- Sector: Engineering
- Vacancy First Advertised: 18th Dec 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Materials Engineer to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
• To capture and specify the material design requirements and the development and validation needed to deliver successful products and components to meet or exceed customer specification.
• To select the correct material design concepts and fundamental material technology for the design of new products and the improvement of existing ones.
• To contribute to development activities associated with high strength steels, stainless steels and other structural materials relating to the design of tanks and silos.
• To play an important part in leading the Company in the use and applications of polymers, sealants, adhesives, coatings, mouldings, fixings and fasteners.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To play a key role in representing the Company externally in respect of matters of a materials and technical nature:
o To act as an external interface and knowledge partner.
o To develop third party relationships, including with external consultancies, as well as engaging in broader scenario discussions and future planning.
o To build relationships with academia to collaborate on and support bespoke research.
o To participate actively in maintaining National, European, American and International standards to promote Company’s competitiveness.
• To liaise with suppliers and advise on the best use of existing products and the potential for new product utilisation to benefit the Company.
• To assist the Engineering & Design Director and Senior Design Engineer with materials engineering aspects of the Research & Development programme to meet the needs of the Company’s Strategic Plan.
• To liaise and provide materials engineering and technical support to the Sales, Design, Production, Supply Chain teams and customer representatives.
• To manage test procedures, maintain test records, design and commission test equipment for in-house Research & Development and to design experiments to understand and develop material characteristics of our products.
• To maintain a thorough technical knowledge of all existing standard products and their material properties.
• To play a leading role in the management and co-ordination of development projects with academic and other external institutions.
• To use marketplace feedback to drive continuous product improvement activities and to co-ordinate these activities to ensure the objective of enhancing the material performance of our products is successfully achieved.
• To provide technical support and advice to team members and Distributors on general technical and product performance matters.
• To assist change and develop more efficient processes within the Engineering & Design office.
• To participate actively in Continuous Improvement, Lean initiatives and other activities to improve the overall efficiency of the Company.
• To contribute to the ongoing challenge of improved product quality and general quality via ISO 9001 accreditation.
• To carry out any other duties that may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
• To support a progressive departmental attitude towards Health & Safety ensuring that all corporate requirements are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• The Health & Safety of yourself and others in your area of control.
• To deliver high service levels to internal and external customers.
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve agreed deadlines.
• Ability to work using your initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
• Self-motivation, initiative and drive, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
• The ability to shift readily between the "big picture" and the small-but-crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each.
• Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets.
• Thorough knowledge of materials and material engineering principles.
• Team working ability, both as leader and member.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and oral.
• Ability to work autonomously and creatively.
• Strong commitment to high standards of work and delivered service.
• Robust but pragmatic style of working with peers, not afraid to challenge the status quo both internally and externally.
• Comfortable taking a hands-on approach when required.
• Strong materials engineering background with good engineering and technical knowledge.
• A demonstrable ability of development attributes with respect to the science and engineering of engineered products.
• Degree qualified materials biased Engineer with evidence of continuing professional development.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• Customer focus – internal and external.
• Commercial acumen.
• Initiative and drive.
• A strong work ethic with the ability to lead a team by example.
• Evidence of the ability to “make a difference”.
• Comfortable interacting and influencing personnel across the Company at all levels.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.