- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2322SO
- Sector: Marketing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 07th Aug 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Market Analyst to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full-time permanent basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing competitor, market, country and client analysis to our sales function to enable decision making, direction and strategy development
- Interrogation of internal client and sales data to report on our sales function performance
- Develop and maintain a competitor technology Matrix for top product lines
- Market information briefs from the R&D manager and sales team and providing well-presented, salient reports in return
- Utilising industry data sources and desk research to surface new opportunities for product development or potential sales leads
- Accessing analysis and data from Acteon’s Group Analyst to support all of the above.
Context, Activities and Scope:
- Developing and managing the rig tracker and reporting against sales and product exposure to the jack up rig market (in all relevant operating regions)
- Managing inputs to, and outputs from, the CRM system and maintain CRM Database for all regions
- Analysis of CRM data to report against sales activities – both client interaction KPI’s and sales performance KPI’s
- Provide regular competitor and market position update summaries to the commercial department
- Desk research to gather information and use of industry news sources and databases to deliver actionable market, project and product data to the sales function.
- Support sales managers and R&D dept with ad hoc data and market information requests
- Support the marketing function with the preparation of presentation materials
- Manage updates, input and implement agreed improvements to client databases
- Provide input product and market data input into tender and capex processes
- Assist in producing monthly reporting summaries to inform all business department on progress against targets and KPI’s
- Assist in developing internal presentations to report KPIs
- Maintaining adherence to marketing plans and regular reporting on activities against plan;
- Manage directory entries and literature / data source subscriptions;
- Preparing and reporting key client information;
- Provide assistance to the business streams for Tender bid submissions;
- Develop and maintain bid resource file by product line;
- Assist sales and marketing colleagues in organisation of S/M activities as required by the business.
HSE & Quality Assurance:
- The expectations of you within your role us that you will fully comply with the QHSE management system requirements and behaviours and all tasks that you carry out are in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures of which are in line with ISO9001.
- A-level with preference given to business, economics of statistical vocations. Good Maths and English skills.
- Understanding of analysis and reporting.
- Understanding and working experience of CRM systems.
- Ability to compile and summarise market information and the assoc. patterns and trends within data.
- Can evidence analysis and presentation of information to produce clear, salient reports and presentations.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment, providing desk research and reporting activities OR ability to show research skills and high standards of presentation.
- Fully conversant with MS offices and assoc. tools and products.
- Web literate with ability fully utilise online resources, including sourcing country and company information and detail related to the energy and alternative areas.
- Detail oriented and task driven.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects.
- Eligible to work in the UK and travel overseas.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.