- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2390SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 20th Nov 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Manufacturing Manager to join their team on a full time permanent basis based in Eye, Suffolk.
Customer service, commercial responsibility and teamwork are core values of the Company and the Manufacturing Manager will utilise these values to manage and lead the Manufacturing team in all aspects relating to the planning, manufacturing and distribution of product, ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered safely and economically.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for the cost effective production of finished goods to satisfy customer specification and delivery requirements.
• To interact with managers to ensure all policies, procedures and operational standards are adhered to.
• To be responsible for providing leadership, direction and motivation to ensure all manufacturing staff are able to achieve results in line with the Business Plan and the departmental objectives.
• To lead and inspire the team of operational Managers and Engineers, ensuring that appropriate support is given to enable them to manage effectively. This team comprises the Planning, Distribution, Coatings Line, Fabrication and Manufacturing Services Managers.
• To provide leadership to the wider Manufacturing Operations team and work with its management to review structure, improve communication and set standards and objectives in order to improve plant efficiency, on time delivery, on budget performance and other key performance indicators.
• To set standards of excellence and ensure that systems and structures are in place in order to promote the concept of “Zero Harm” and deliver the corporate requirements placed on the department in a timely and efficient manner.
• To be responsible for operating a safe working environment, assuring Health & Safety and environmental compliance, full support of total quality management and promoting an atmosphere of continuous improvement.
• There is a requirement to monitor all operational systems relating to cost, production, machine utilisation and initiate corrective and preventative action as required.
Work Experience and Educational Requirements:
• Operating as a Senior Manager within a dynamic environment.
• Experience of managing a large and diverse team.
• Genuine hands-on experience of manufacturing operations and people management.
• Conversant in current manufacturing processes.
• Rigour in managing teams in a safety-conscious culture.
• A drive for Continuous Improvement and process optimisation.
• Success in creating a first-class operating environment.
• Comfortable interacting with mid to upper level management teams.
• Ideally degree level qualification or equivalent gained within an operational, numerical or science based discipline.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.