- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2624SO
- Sector: Finance
- Vacancy First Advertised: 09th Apr 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Management Accountant to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk on a full time permanent basis.
The role will utilise the Company’s core values of teamwork, customer service and commercial responsibility to deliver high quality management information to support the manufacturing process, pensions scheme and holding company accounts. Working closely with the Manufacturing Manager the role will deliver process improvements, detailed process costings and the development and maintenance of active standard costs.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• The provision of monthly manufacturing accounts, variance and KPI’s in enough detail to allow the Operations Director to understand the performance of the production facility and then, with the Financial Controller, support the necessary investigations and continuous improvement projects.
• To present the analysis and key information at the monthly operations meetings.
• To work with the Financial Controller and Operations Director to gain a detailed understanding of the cost drivers in the business and to model alternatives to help reduce costs and inefficiencies within the business.
• To help deliver the budget process for the Manufacturing department each year to ensure clarity and transparency on the budget numbers and assumptions.
• To participate in the development and use of the ERP systems within manufacturing using the principle of single point data entry with the production of good quality reporting.
• To produce the monthly holding company and pension accounts management accounts to support the production of the Group consolidated accounts.
• To participate in supporting the annual audit and tax computations.
• Ability to work using own initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail.
• The ability to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
• An individual who can lead change management in an inclusive way.
• Open style and a team player.
• Demonstrates self-motivation and organisation.
• Excellent communication, organisational and motivational skills, with the ability to mentor and coach individuals.
• Proven experience of operating in a variety of industries.
• Ability in producing reports and ensuring common and consistent data sets.
• Excellent knowledge of information and cost issues.
• Minimum part qualified (Level 2+) accountant with either manufacturing experience or experience of participation in change process.
• An in-depth knowledge of Excel with ability to create complex modelling and creation of data sets linked to an ERP.
• A good level of computer literacy with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Office products.
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• Evidence of the ability to “make a difference”.
• Comfortable interacting and influencing personnel across the Company at all levels.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.