- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2661SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 23rd May 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join their team on a full time permanent basis based in Eye, Suffolk.
Health & Safety, customer service and teamwork are core values of the Company and the Maintenance Technician will utilise these values to complete maintenance tasks and development initiatives, with the key objectives being to ensure that the plant runs efficiently, and that customer service is maximised.
• To contribute to a progressive departmental attitude towards Health & Safety through personal conduct and as part of the Maintenance team.
• To liaise with all plant supervision in order to ensure the smooth running of the facility and to provide a timely response in the event of breakdowns.
• To diagnose electrical and mechanical faults and carry out repairs on machines throughout the plant.
• Ability to work using your initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
• Open style and a team player.
• A qualified multi-skilled technician with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, ideally in a medium or heavy engineering environment with strong electrical competency.
• Welding and fabrication skills would be an advantage although not essential.
• This role will include both mechanical and electrical maintenance work and will sometimes entail you being the single technician on site, so excellent fault finding abilities and self-motivation are essential.
• Recognised apprenticeship/HNC/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.