- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2420SO
- Sector: Manufacturing
- Vacancy First Advertised: 18th Oct 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
Health & Safety, customer service and teamwork are core values of the Company and the Maintenance Technician will utilise these values to complete maintenance tasks and development initiatives, with the key objectives being to ensure that the plant runs efficiently, and that customer service is maximised.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To contribute to a progressive departmental attitude towards Health & Safety through personal conduct and as part of the Maintenance team.
• To liaise with all plant supervision in order to ensure the smooth running of the facility and to provide a timely response in the event of breakdowns.
• To diagnose electrical and mechanical faults and carry out repairs on machines throughout the plant.
• To be a member of the Company Fire Team and be aware of the Fire Safety and Evacuation Procedures.
• To support all aspects of continuous improvement.
• To understand and be able to carry out the plant start up and shutdown procedure.
• To carry out checks and tests on plant and equipment as required by the PPM Schedule or other source.
• To ensure that all work is recorded on the Planned Maintenance System.
• To read, understand and work to machine manufacturers’ handbook instructions and drawings.
• To undertake any training that is required to enhance or to keep your work skills up to date.
• To assist in the training of colleagues from other departments as required.
• To be flexible and, when needed, available for callout on emergency plant breakdown and absence cover. This may also mean working overtime to provide the necessary cover to meet production requirements.
• To be available to work through any plant shutdown on maintenance tasks or continuous improvement projects.
• To work to the Company’s ISO 9001 Procedures and Work Instructions.
• To work under your own initiative with minimum supervision on occasion.
• To ensure good communication with all colleagues and supervision.
• Ability to work using your initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
• Open style and a team player.
• A qualified multi-skilled technician with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, ideally in a medium or heavy engineering environment with strong electrical competency.
• Welding and fabrication skills would be an advantage although not essential.
• This role will include both mechanical and electrical maintenance work and will sometimes entail you being the single technician on site, so excellent fault finding abilities and self-motivation are essential.
• Recognised apprenticeship/HNC/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
• The ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
• Comfortable interacting with personnel across the Company at all levels.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.