- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2464NB
- Sector: Marine
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Dec 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking a Legal Counsel to join their team based in Great Yarmouth on a full time permanent basis.
This role is to effectively deliver department aims in facilitating the achievement of business objectives and requirements.
• Commercially focused, pragmatic legal advice and support and leadership of projects / activities
• Fulfilment of company secretarial duties / tasks
• Leading and coordinating compliance activities including updates and changes
• Draft, review and provide advice on a variety of corporate and commercial agreements and arrangements on behalf of the Company.
• Lead and support contract management and disputes.
• Assisting in the maintenance of group companies / branches and establishment / closure
• Providing information to support business units and functions
• Assisting with the coordination and development and implementation of an effective corporate compliance program
• Assisting the establishment and delivery of employee training on corporate compliance issues.
• Review and analyse contracts, agreements scenarios to ensure pragmatic balance of commercial benefit and risk, and inclusion of risk reduction and mitigation provisions.
• Provide legal advice to business and support functions, including interpretation of relevant law, legal position and contractual provisions.
• Ensure advice and knowledge sharing is proactive, accurate and up to date by keeping updated with legal developments, new legislation and regulation, and market practice relevant to the Company.
• Coordinate with other departments where legal input is required.
• Support and coach colleagues, as appropriate.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and complex business environment
• Ability to react on short notice and within tight timescales to meet business requirements / deadlines
• Commercial experience and awareness and ability to provide pragmatic and roust advice clearly and effectively
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly build strong relationships at all levels of the organisation
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Acute attention to detail
• Self-motivated and drive for continuous improvement
• Strong sense of integrity and values
• High quality drafting and analysis skills
• IT literate with MS Office suite and web based functions
• Ability to plan and prioritise work and deliver to deadlines
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.