- Location: Kings Lynn
- Salary: £15-17k
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Fixed Term
- Reference: PS1938JG
- Sector: Agriculture
- Vacancy First Advertised: 07th Sep 2017
P&S Personnel Services are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our clients who currently have an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lab Technician. The primary purpose of this role is to conduct quality analysis on all products for internal and external customers whilst adhering, where required to Standard Operating Procedures.
Key Responsibilities would be:
· To work as the support member of a close team of 2 people operating the Icarus system. Tasks will include accurately collating, preparing, planting, labelling and loading samples into the Icarus system in the most efficient manner possible to achieve the max throughput required during our busy season. Then to unload, assist in running reports, wash up and prep for ongoing work.
· To assist in general Lab tasks of germination planting (Hansa Road), data entry, sample filing, sample division and washing up. To assist in other sample testing: RH, Count, Visual, Drill and HPLC.
· To conduct quality analysis on products for both internal and external customers adhering, where required, to Standard Operating Procedures.
· Accurately create test records and Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) and to ensure data entry is up to date for your areas of accountability.
· To adhere to advice/instructions from Senior Analysts with regard to business priorities and standards working practices and to prioritise own workload accordingly.
· To ensure that protocols for authorising sign off of seed, pellets and raw materials on delivery, during production and for final release adhered to.
· To organise and report results of analysis as and when required.
· To ensure all equipment is functioning within specifications and to assist in regular calibrations.
· To maintain effective, co-operative working relationships with colleagues and all internal and external customers.
· To assist, where required, in laboratory projects and trails of new products, tests and procedure.
· Complete administrative paperwork as required for company reporting procedures.
· Additional work identified as necessary for the operation of the business.
Experience required is as follows:
· The job holder should be educated to GCSE standard (or equivalent). Grades C or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English is desirable but not essential.
· Previous experience in a similar or related field is highly desirable, computer based skills are essential.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered for the role which will be commensurate with the experience and track record of the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online ensuring that your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to John@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.