- Location: Wingham, Kent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2144SB
- Sector: Agriculture
- Vacancy First Advertised: 08th Mar 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Laboratory Operative to join our clients team based in Wingham, Kent. The successful applicant will be responsible for operating the Laboratory in a manner that meets the commercial requirements of the individual business nits whilst maximising the efficiency, upholding all quality standards and HAS and Environmental Standards.
· Complete and record all relevant tests during the year
· Comply with all assurance schemes
· Ensure intake and dispatch of grain is completed due to procedures
· Keep up to date with relevant schemes and best working practises.
· Keep lab in a fit and tidy state at all times
· Facilitate audits at the appropriate time
· All relevant procedures and checks to be completed on time every time
· Comply with all company procedures
· Comply with all legal requirements
· Grain sampling on Farm when needed
· Carry out testing requirements and record keeping for our tenant’s products
· Working with the Planners to ensure Harvest reservation bookings are created
· Willingness to learn and develop new skills
· Manage others work load and capabilities
· Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.
· Proven Database Management Skills
· Ability to handle telephone calls proficiently
· Ability to communicate
· Ability to work with all in house systems.
· Excellent administrative and organisational skills
· Proven attention to detail
· Ability to work on own initiative, managing own workload and time, whilst developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues
· Ability to deal confidently with a wide range of people in difficult circumstances
· Sound knowledge of Certification scheme.
· Working knowledge of Agricultural practise.
· Technical knowledge of variety suitability.
· Focused on using skills, training and experience to the benefit of the customer.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date. Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.