- Location: Colchester
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2640JN
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 15th Apr 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Java Developer to join their team based in Colchester on a full time permanent basis.
Communications Software (Airline Systems) Ltd, are a highly successful and long established independent software supplier specialising in the aviation sector. Our ongoing development and expansion means that we currently have a requirement for a skilled developer to join our Application Development team.
The role involves working as part of a team to develop the OASES Aviation Maintenance and Engineering system, used by over 80 airlines around the world.
As part of our development team you will be working on projects throughout the whole product life cycle, from gathering requirements with customers, designing and developing software, through to testing, deployment and maintenance.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, capable of working both independently and as part of a team and looking to further their software development skills.
Training of our product and specific technical environment will be provided to the successful candidate.
Looking for candidates with the following skills:
• Strong Java SE8+ programming skills
• Good understanding of SQL and relational database concepts
• Experience using Linux or other Unix operating system
• Understanding of Agile / Scrum
• Experience of working to and delivering to deadlines
• Ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal)
Highly desirable but not essential:
• Educated to degree level in Computer Science related subject
• Commercial Java SE8+ development experience
• Used JOOQ / Spring Technologies
• Xamarin development
• Unit Testing experience
• Experience using Git/Netbeans IDE
• PL/SQL development skills
• Oracle Database 10g/11g and 12c
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.