IT Helpdesk Analyst
- Location: Witham St Hughs, Lincoln
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2675SB
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 09th May 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an IT Helpdesk Analyst to join their IT Helpdesk team at their Witham St Hughs site. Reporting to the IT Helpdesk Supervisor, this role provides first level support, covering a large number of applications and systems, user administration and escalation of issues within the team.
The position is full time, M-F, 40 hours a week, a requirement to be flexible with shifts, we operate an early/day/late shift – the early shift is 7am and the late shift finishes by 7pm – and the candidate would be on this on a rota basis.
Experience, Competencies & Responsibilities
• Provide first level support for all systems and remote access solutions
• User administration for all supported sites and systems including new starters, leavers and password requests
• Configure desktop, laptop and mobile devices for users
• Ensure all details of incidents are logged accurately prior to escalation
• Ensure that all asset movements and allocation of equipment is correctly logged
• Ensure information protection is always adhered to by IT and users
• Ensure all user work areas comply with Health and Safety including cable management
• Understanding of DNS and DHCP and basic TCP networking
• Experience with Wireless networking
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access)
• Office Peripherals (printers, scanners etc.)
• Awareness of the following Microsoft Systems:
• Administrative knowledge of Windows 7/10
• Administrative knowledge of Office 2016/13/10/07
• Basic knowledge of Active Directory and familiarity with Group Policy principles
• Proven customer service / IT related experience
• IT related qualifications
• Full UK Driving license
• Knowledgeable in a variety of software, hardware, and OS configurations
• Keenness to learn!
Skills and Abilities
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable working face-to-face with users
• Excellent attention to detail – willing to ensure tasks are completed correctly, 100% of the time, within the specified time constraints
• Highly committed to work, willing to work in a team and being self-motivated
• Strong commitment towards Company values and principles
• Positive attitude towards learning and sharing
• Ability to spot potential problems and act accordingly
• Be creative in finding solutions to daily challenges
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Strong organisational skills, results driven
• Will lead by example ensuring good standards of performance, attendance and conduct within the office are maintained
• Help to organise the necessary levels of resources required to meet the client needs
• Contribute pro-actively to the overall development of the Company through ideas and creativity
• Cross functional collaboration with other teams
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.