- Location: Poole, Dorset
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2399SO
- Sector: Sales
- Vacancy First Advertised: 02nd Oct 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients who are currently seeking an Internal Sales person to join their team on a full time permanent basis based in Poole.
• Provide the external and internal sales teams with technical support, liaise with engineering, production, procurement etc. to be able to establish a solution with costing and lead times.
• Produce a quotation or commercial and technical proposal for forwarding to the customer.
• Drive forward the Sales prospect of the role and understand the development that can be created within this role.
• Be proactive to help develop and roll out processes that will drive the Sales team and communications between clients and internal teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure that the internal sales and production teams are supported with information and where appropriate coordinate getting quotations put together in a timely manner.
• Liaise with the external sales team to understand their requirements where necessary.
• Work with the production / engineering and procurement departments to establish a solution that is fully costed with a lead time.
• Generate a quotation or commercial and technical proposals and tenders
• Forward the quotation to the appropriate sales team or customer directly as applicable
• Work with the Sales team, agent and client to close the order
• Support Customer Services function as appropriate with regards to resolving any commercial or technical issues
• Provide sales guidance and technical support to the Sales Support Assistants.
• Ensure sales database is updated as appropriate
• External and internal calls, updating both clients and internal teams
• Confidence with CRM systems in order to update where required
Job Specific / Technical Skills:
• Technical/ engineering understanding
• IT Literate – Word, Excel, Sage, CRM
• Highly organised
• Attention to detail
• Excellent customer service and sales skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Confidence to communicate with both internal and external contacts
• Willing to learn and develop knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of the construction industry or a background in an engineering / technical company would be a distinct advantage
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.