ICT System Support
- Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2436NB
- Sector: IT
- Vacancy First Advertised: 06th Nov 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking an ICT System Support person to work in their office based in Lowestoft.
• To provide 1st Level & 2nd Level end user and system support on a global basis on the portfolio of all technical solutions provided to the global user’s base.
• To provide effective and timely provision of support service making effective use of helpdesk and monitoring tools.
• To provide cradle to grave resolutions to all tasks undertaken or assigned.
• The post will require close contact both with the Manager Global ICT Helpdesk and on occasion the ICT Global Project Manager / Escalation Manager.
• The post will require good, clear communication skills with an ability to communicate at all levels both inside and outside of the organisation.
• Knowledge and proven experience in all aspects of user management within a Microsoft Active Directory framework including knowledge of PowerShell Scripting and GPO’s.
• Knowledge and proven experience with remote support tools such as, VNC, LogMeIn, TeamViewer
• Knowledge and proven experience within IP based networks including the configuration of equipment.
• Knowledge and proven experience with Microsoft SharePoint in document level implementation and end-user support.
• Knowledge and proven experience with the provision and support of end-user virtual sessions in particular, Terminal Services, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Hyper-V VDI, Microsoft RDC (RDP).
• Knowledge and proven experience with all Microsoft Desktop tools and applications used within the group including Dynamics 365 CRM setup on the clients where applicable and Office365.
• Knowledge and proven ability to configure and provision all types of desktop end-user equipment
• Knowledge and experience of PBX and VOIP technologies including voice call routing, call recording, and hosted 3rd party call gateways.
• Knowledge and experience of managing mobile devices, software based phones and digital and analogue units.
• Knowledge and proven experience of asset management
• Knowledge and proven experience in the management and support of hand-held and mobile devices
• Knowledge and proven experience in the management, support and delivery MS Exchange (Hybrid setup with Office365) at a client level including the ability to carry out forensic investigations into the complete email function.
• Knowledge and proven experience of CRS configuration and the document production process to effectively trouble-shoot, monitor and manage.
• To provide 24/7 Out of Hours support as part of the regional and global 24/7 OOH support team rota
Qualities and Skills Required
• Excellent written and spoken English with typing skills
• Good administration, planning and organisational skills
• Highly focused on attention to detail and quality orientation
• Creative and lateral thinking, idea generating for process improvement
• Ability to work on multiple tasks
• Ability to work in isolation and within a team
• Highly resilient, remaining calm and stable under pressure
• The ability to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload
• The ability to work in a demanding and challenging environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Sensitive and aware of cultural differences
• A positive and proactive attitude
• A flexible approach and enthusiastic manner
• A versatile and adaptable team player
• No 9 / 5 mentality
• Willing and able to travel to other locations (including other countries) when required
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.