- Location: Thetford
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2798SO
- Sector: HSE
- Vacancy First Advertised: 13th Aug 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients based in Thetford, who are currently seeking a HSE Manager to join their team based in Thetford on a full time, permanent basis.
This role will be to continuously develop Health, Safety and Environment best practice, ensuring the Company complies with current HSE legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment and service provision.
• Manage the process safety competence assurance process for upper tier COMAH sites
• Support the completion of COMAH safety reports and other competent authority submissions and to monitor any changes to
• Be up to date with all DSEAR regulations and ensure that the site is compliant at all times the current legislation and regulations to ensure we remain compliant at all times
• Be up to date of all COMAH and SERVESO regulations
• To ensure that we are upper tier COMAH complaint across the site
• Manage day to day H&S issues, including weekly H&S reports, manager H&S training and Board reporting on H&S issues
• Deliver Health and Safely inductions and training
• Advise and support on H & S related matters
• Liaise with the HSE
• Participate in all audits required
• Management of all safety systems
• Undertake and review risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH assessments as required.
• Proficient in PFD and P&ID interpretation –
• Management of Safety Critical Elements (SCE's)
• Monitor and report periodically on the Health & Safety performance across the company.
• Motivated, reliable and results-oriented with a positive, can do approach.
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and takes responsibility for their role and is accountable for their actions
• Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with staff and senior management alike.
• Good communicator, able to explain complex legislation to a wide audience
• Previous experience in a COMAH registered manufacturing site
• Excellent Microsoft office skills
Role Specific skills
• NEBOSH qualification or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years proven Health & Safety experience.
• Excellent understanding of all relevant Health & Safety law and associated regulations
• Experience of auditing systems and processes and assessing audit actions
• The ability to handle responsibility and keep calm under pressure.
• Able to research, understand, relay and implement regulatory information, verbally and written to internal and external sources.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.