- Location: Great Yarmouth
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2479NB
- Sector: HSE
- Vacancy First Advertised: 18th Dec 2018
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a HSE Advisor to join their team based in Great Yarmouth.
This role will be to co-ordinate day to day activities of the HSE function ensuring compliance to all relevant legislative, customer and internal requirements. Assist QHSE Management in the implementation of Group Management Systems and provide operational HSE advice and support as and when required.
• Ensure all work is performed safely and that an ongoing commitment to safety is maintained inc. proactive actions to identify and reduce workplace hazards.
• Providing systems, processes and support to line management to achieve the goal of a safe and incident free workplace.
• Implementation of safe working practices and procedures and ensure consistent application across all operations.
• Coordinate and deliver training programs (Inc. but not limited to staff, visitor and contractor inductions)
• Lead and participate in accident/incident investigations in accordance with Company procedure, analyse data making recommendations to avoid reoccurrence
• Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability.
• Assume control and coordination of HSE risk management activities
• Continuation and where relevant transition to ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001
• Carry out regular audits and workplace inspections to determine whether work is carried out in accordance with relevant procedures, legislation etc.
• Collate, review and identify trends in HSE statistics for timely submission to management whilst identifying areas for improvement
• Develop and implement HSE campaigns and improvement plans
• Participation in relevant ITT, contract review and project processes as and when required.
• Identify and obtain HSE consents, permits or exemptions required
• Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by management
• Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
• Undertake internal and external audits as required
• Providing input to facilities management as and when required
• Participate in working groups / forums as required
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
• Apply Company and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• AIOSH/Tech IOSH
• Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001
• Sound knowledge and application of Root Cause Analysis techniques (5Y, TopSet etc)
• Certified Lead Auditor
• Ability to balance and prioritise demanding workload
• Familiarisation with MS Office products (inc. SharePoint)
• Good academic background
• NEBOSH NGC Occupational Health & Safety (as a minimum)
• Grad IOSH
• Previous experience/familiarisation of ISO 9001
• Knowledge of AX 2012
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to email@example.com.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.