Health & Safety Manager
- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2514SO
- Sector: HSE
- Vacancy First Advertised: 22nd Jan 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join their team based in Eye, Suffolk.
Safety is one of the Company’s core values and the Health & Safety Manager will act as the Company’s lead competent person for Health & Safety and to continuously improve the Company’s Health & Safety Management system, policies, processes and safety culture.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
• To ensure the Company maintains legal compliance with all relevant legislation.
• To provide competent advice to Company personnel on all Health & Safety related matters.
• To reduce safety-related risks to the Company by ensuring the Company’s Health & Safety Management system is comprehensive and effective.
• To influence Company personnel at all levels to improve safety culture within the business.
• To drive continuous improvement in Safety across the business.
• To ensure that all Company personnel are aware of current Health & Safety regulations.
• The promotion of Health & Safety awareness throughout the Company to enable all involved to understand their responsibilities and therefore contribute to their safety.
• To contribute to setting the Company’s Health & Safety strategy and objectives. To lead the activities associated with delivering the Health & Safety strategy and objectives.
• Management, maintenance and review of the Company Health & Safety Policy.
• To assist in the design and implementation of cultural change programmes to embed Health & Safety Vision and Values within the business.
• Management, maintenance and review of the Company’s suite of safety policies and Health & Safety documentation to ensure compliance with current legislation.
• Management, maintenance and review of the Company’s Risk Assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH systems.
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the Health & Safety Management system and continuously improve the system in conjunction with operational teams.
• Involvement in the investigation associated with accidents and incidents, ensuring that the level and quality of reporting and investigations is improved on a continuous basis.
• Ability to work using own initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
• Open style and a team player
• Excellent communication, organisational and motivational skills, with the ability to coach individuals.
• An individual who can lead change but does it in a way which brings the recipients with them.
• Proven experience as a Health & Safety Manager or similar role.
• Experience in implementing and maintaining Health & Safety Management systems is essential.
• Ability in producing reports and developing Health & Safety related policies.
• Good knowledge of risk assessments in a manufacturing environment.
• NEBOSH Certificate or working towards this qualification is essential for this role.
• In-depth understanding of legal health and safety guidelines is essential.
• Although not a prerequisite of the role, a technical background with a formal qualification eg: HNC/degree would be an advantage.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sorry, on this occasion you were too late to apply for this job.