Health & Safety Manager
- Location: Eye, Suffolk
- Salary: Negotiable
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS1939SO
- Sector: HSE
- Vacancy First Advertised: 11th Sep 2017
Here at P&S Personnel Services, we are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of our clients, a manufacturing organisation based in Eye, Suffolk, who are currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager to join their well-established team.
· To ensure that all Company personnel are aware of current Health & Safety regulations.
· The promotion of Health & Safety awareness throughout the Company to enable all involved to understand their responsibilities and therefore contribute to their safety.
· To contribute to setting the Company’s Health & Safety strategy and objectives. To lead the activities associated with delivering the Health & Safety strategy and objectives.
· Management, maintenance and review of the Company Health & Safety Policy. Ensuring that Company Policy complies with current legislation.
· To assist in the design and implementation of cultural change programmes within the business.
· Management, maintenance and review of the Company’s suite of safety policies and other Health & Safety documentation to ensure compliance with current legislation.
· Management, maintenance and review of the Company’s Risk Assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH systems.
· Monitoring the effectiveness of the Health & Safety Management system and continuously improve the system in conjunction with operational teams.
· Involvement in the investigation associated with accidents and incidents, ensuring that the level and quality of reporting and investigations is improved on a continuous basis.
· Review of safety performance data and presentation of statistical information to the Company’s Board, Health & Safety Committee and workforce in general.
· To play a leading role in Health & Safety Committee meetings in order to drive improvements.
· To conduct inspections and audits of the site to ensure standards are maintained and risks are identified and eliminated accordingly.
· To ensure Health & Safety matters are comprehensively covered in the Company’s ISO quality and environmental management systems.
· To maintain a thorough knowledge of Health & Safety legislation through training, affiliation and the support of external Health & Safety advisers.
· To provide training, advice and coaching to Company personnel to allow them to complete their respective Health & Safety duties.
· To contribute to matters associated with employee health by overseeing Occupational Health Services.
· To represent the Company and its products at all times.
Essential Skills and Personal Attributes:
· Ability to work using your initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
· Open style and a team player
· Excellent communication, organisational and motivational skills, with the ability to coach individuals.
· An individual who can lead change but does it in a way which brings the recipients with them.
· NEBOSH Certificate or working towards this qualification is essential for this role.
· In-depth understanding of legal health and safety guidelines is essential.
· Although not a prerequisite of the role, a technical background with a formal qualification e.g.: HNC/degree would be an advantage.
Work Experience Requirements:
· Proven experience as a Health & Safety Manager or similar role.
· Experience in implementing and maintaining Health & Safety Management systems is essential.
· Ability in producing reports and developing Health & Safety related policies.
· Good knowledge of risk assessments in a manufacturing environment.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online for early consideration. Alternatively, please email over your up to date CV and a covering letter with regards to the position to Sharon@pspersonnelltd.co.uk.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.