Head of Pricing and Commercial Analyst
- Location: Thurmaston
- Salary: £50-55k
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2808SO
- Sector: Customer Services
- Vacancy First Advertised: 21st Aug 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Head of Pricing and Commercial Analysis person to join their team based in Thurmaston, on a full time permanent basis.
This role will be to drive revenue and contribution of the business through pricing, embedding of commercial plans throughout the business and creating robust and insightful analysis tools and processes to steer performance. Own and develop the methods and processes to ensure timely and accurate revenue forecasting within the opcos and embed a trading cycle to monitor performance against targets.
• Accountable for maximising revenue through development of customer pricing strategies, owning and enhancing processes to ensure successful delivery
• Own the forecasting and trading processes throughout UK Bus regions ensuring delivery of targets and embedding of an insight and performance-led culture; conducting regular performance reviews and deep dives of areas of concern to support OpCo delivery teams
• Support regional Head of Commercials in developing and delivering sustainable market commercial plans to grow contribution and reflect local market conditions
• Accountable for delivering the commercial analytical capability within Arriva, using outputs to drive commercial and marketing actions whilst promoting the use of insight in all decision making processes
• Steer and develop analysts within opcos to ensure quality and methodologies of outputs are consistent with agreed processes
• Support Head of Commercials and Marketing through driving best practice of revenue plans throughout all operating companies
• Working with the UK Bus marketing team, develop and enhance promotional techniques and insight led initiatives ensuring use of, and sharing of, best practice nationwide
• Deputise for the UK Bus Commercial Director as required
• To liaise with Senior Management and their staff at UK Bus and Regional Operating companies to develop and drive effective strategies and process.
• Undertake general duties as required within area of responsibility as directed by senior management in line with the overall business strategy.
• Health & Safety - As an employee you have a responsibility to co-operate with managers in ensuring that the workplace is safe for everyone by taking reasonable care not to do anything that might endanger you or others, either through your actions or lack of action, and never to act in a way that causes either you or Arriva to be in breach of the law. You are expected to consider, and take account of, the potential hazards and risks in everything you do whilst you are at work. H&S Responsibilities are published in the Arriva HS&E Management System.
• Diversity - be an ambassador for Diversity, promote and implement the company’s Diversity Policy at all times and provide regular, timely and informative summaries of diversity information across UK Bus instigating remedial or generative action as appropriate.
• Corporate social responsibility – uphold, safeguard and promote the reputation and values of the organisation throughout all internal and external business relationships and activities.
• Strong commercial acumen with experience in developing revenues, ideally within the passenger transport industry.
• Experience of developing and delivering customer led pricing strategies
• Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with confidence to different levels of management including senior managers.
• Logical and lateral thinker, able to solve problems taking into account business needs and regulatory requirements.
• Strong organisational and project management skills
• Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• High proficiency with computing skills / systems (large data sets, advanced excel user, BI tools)
• Delivering and exceeding budgeted revenue growth, creation of targets and plans to achieve them.
• Delivering growth from pricing initiatives. Drive regional consistency for identifying and delivery of new revenue initiatives. Embedding of new forecasting and trading processes and a culture of performance-led actions.
• Promotes teamwork and collaborative working across the UK Bus Team.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.