Front End Software Engineer
- Location: Norwich
- Salary: up to £34,000
- Working Hours: Full Time
- Length of Employment: Perm
- Reference: PS2586JN
- Sector: Industrial
- Vacancy First Advertised: 20th Mar 2019
P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Front End Software Engineer to join their team based in Norwich, Norfolk, on a full time permanent basis.
As a Front end Software Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of designs for our Cloud Deployed Mobile Epos System, as well as maintaining existing features. The delivery will include working within a cross discipline team across all elements of the SDLC. The candidate should have a solid track record of working on high level user interfaces, with strong awareness of latest and emerging digital trends and technologies. The role requires a strong understanding of user experience and be interested in the way people choose and use products.
• Responsible for delivery of feature releases through the SDLC using the agreed method of delivery for your team.
• Ensuring good coding practices such as adequate code reviews, suitable checkpointing and refactoring of code have been applied to your work.
• Optimize applications for maximum speed.
• Produce suitable documentation to evidence the work agreed, completed and deployed at the end of the time-boxed period of work or project.
• Application of the correct tooling, techniques and processes at the appropriate point of the development of the work and evidence how this has been successful through smart metrics or outcomes
• Follow the development process documented with this purpose for the entire development team.
• Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC):
• Contribute to refactoring of both the practices, processes and approaches the team uses at regular intervals
• Drive a culture of challenging the existing ways of working and applying more efficient ways of working whilst understanding the reasons for decision making in certain aspects of the work.
• A minimum of 3 years working in software development
• Ideally educated to degree level or with a strong IT background or college education in IT related subjects such as A levels in IT, mathematics and computer science.
• Confident working with common source control & continuous integration tools (Git, Gitlab CI)
• Experience with test frameworks & methodologies (TDD, BDD, Selenium, Nunit etc.)
• Ideally experience of implementing design for touch devices as well as desktop experiences
• Be a self-starter who can work well under a variety of different situations and on a number of projects.
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.
Alternatively, please email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the terms and conditions, all vacancies are advertised by equal opportunities employers.